new mode 5- user programmable

edgar

is this present working for someone ?
its not working for me is the same was the one for all modes , i cant scroll the modes.

odingalt

Staff member
crazy4christ said:
Hey what is the fastest sps that this mode can go?

I think I set the max at 60 but I really don't think you're going to really go much beyond 20. Despite a lot of claims that games like COD4 can go up to like 30-40 SPS the fact of the matter is 95% of mod shops and hobbiest are miscalculating the shots-per-second on these games.

Think of it this way, if a game's cap is 20 SPS, but you set the speed to 40 SPS, it will probably still work. And you'll say 'hey look everybody I'm getting 40 SPS' when in reality you're really only getting 20 SPS, you just THINK you're getting 40 SPS because that's the speed you picked and it happens to work.

Of course games with built-in detection like COD5 never would work in this fashion (you'd be detected and capped right away).

edgar

hi E. just try the 2 of them and still nothing, i press syc button and it dont do anything. and the Left Trigger and You Press The Sync Button dont turn on or off. dont do anything, is strange coz the other present they work.

odingalt

Staff member
Are you sure you are remembering to click reset device after programming & remove the programming cable?

Maybe if you have lots of spare time you could load the Sleeper button test code and make sure there's not a wiring problem of some kind? Specifically is your 'button A' seem to be working?

odingalt

Staff member
Another version. I have several sleepers here I can't repeat the problem on, it's working great on all of these. :evil:

edgar

i did a mistake, i press that box that say allow configuration.... and i think its block, it say device not detec. :(, what can i do now ?

odingalt

Staff member
That's new to me. I have no idea. Unfortunately I think you've now overwritten critical vector addresses needed to make the bootloader work.

edgar

odingalt said:
That's new to me. I have no idea. Unfortunately I think you've now overwritten critical vector addresses needed to make the bootloader work.
can i do anything ? or it is dead ? :(

odingalt

Staff member
edgar said:
odingalt said:
can i do anything ? or it is dead ? :(

Dead. If it did, what I think it did, it's the equivalent of erasing the bootloader. You will need to return it to us to have the chip swapped out.

On a side note, you've uncovered a new bug in our product. Congratulations! I will be re-releasing all of our game presets this weekend so that in the future, if users click that "Allow Configuration Word Programming" button, it will not result in a dead controller/dead mod chip.

Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you a free prepaid shipping label to return the controller (unless you are a DIY customer in which case send me an e-mail and I will send you a free mod chip to replace the one that is dead)

edgar

yes coz it said something like erase....bla bla...i dint read it well,remenber me from ireland ( cork ) u send me a duo controller and a diy kit.thanks so much E.

odingalt

Staff member
Well this was a major bug find, and I really appreciate you communicating with the forum so quickly. I spent all day re-releasing all of the game presets to patch this bug and prevent users from killing their mod chips in the future.

http://www.viking360.com/8-15-2009.htm

Will get your replacement mod chip sent out Monday via Express so hopefully it'll hit Ireland before next weekend.