New Odin Controllers Make Gameplay Worse. Plz Help

Volpster

modded matt said:
the documentation is all in the forum. however 99% of what you need to know is listed in the instruction sheets for each preset download code. you admitantly dont have a complete grasp of how the controller works. the editor is a beta and has flaws, it can only operate within the paramiters of its coding. I have offered my xbox live name to you, and have been online and available for about 30 of the past 48 hrs this weekend. you must learn how the controller works before trying to make your own code. example, by using the works code, you will learn that some guns work good with fast rapidfire and some guns fire faster on the slow setting then they do on the fast setting. these are things you must learn through use, and will help you understnad why when you program a speed at 50sps it dont fire as fast as a setting at 10sps. these are not magic controllers, they canot magicly change how the game works, only manipulate it to the tollerance of the in game programing.

Matt- As I mentioned last week, I will be offline from XBOX for a bit as I'm out of town, which is why I haven't contacted you. I appreciate the help you're offering, believe me. As for the documentation, it sure is all over the forum, but lots of it contradict one another and none of it is in one place. It's completely scattered, none of it uses a version system, so you don't know if it's someone's opinion or a final document. This may be enough for you guys who have worked with these controllers for a long time, but it's not the same for someone just starting out w/ these. I also used the default settings on the controller for a while before I even considered doing anything custom. The dropshot option consistently locked the controller to where I could not choose another option by using the right tac, because it would, by default, drop to the ground every time I attempted to go from mode 5 to mode 6. The only way out of it is to take out the battery, turn the controller back on, and turn the left and right modes on again.

At the end of the day, I've decided to return these controllers after all. Even if we were able to get everything working by meeting online and checking the setting, I just don't have the faith or confidence in Viking long term, which is an absolute must when investing this kind of money in a purchase. Thanks again, Matt, for offering to help me out one-on-one online to get this working.

odingalt

Staff member
There are two possible scenarios here (let me know if you disagree):

1.) Both controllers have bad wiring or some other installation issue.
2.) There is some misunderstanding about how the product works.

#2 is more likely. #1 is less likely. But both scenarios are possible you are obviously at a breaking point with the products. If you'd like to ship them back to the shop, I will personally play with both of them in COD:MW2 and set them up for you (i.e. program them with the custom drivers). If there is something wrong with the controller requiring repair, we'll fix them up, reimburse you for the shipping costs, and also pay to ship them back. If there's nothing wrong with them, return shipping is on you.

(on a side note, we don't have a telephone number. We only have the forums, OSTicket and e-mail)

odingalt

Staff member
On a personal note sorry for getting heated in the forums, but there is a tone of 'Viking360 has doctored their videos to make this product look cool and it's total shit', and that's simply not true. All the software we've had comes from user requests which is why we rely so heavily on the forums. Sometimes I don't even understand what feature customers are asking about (i.e. when jitter mod came out last Fall). Personally I'm not a big fan. I advertise jitter mod all over the place, because before I included jitter mod in the list of features and in our videos, I would have 10-15 tickets per day from customers asking if we had jitter mod. So my options were to continue spending 90 minutes every day answering tickets over and over, or adding the jitter mod to our marketing materials.

Einar

odingalt

Staff member
Volpster said:
modded matt said:
The dropshot option consistently locked the controller to where I could not choose another option by using the right tac, because it would, by default, drop to the ground every time I attempted to go from mode 5 to mode 6. The only way out of it is to take out the battery, turn the controller back on, and turn the left and right modes on again.

When you assign dropshot to the right tac switch, when you are in dropshot mode and dropshot is enabled, you must first hold Button A, then tap/hold the right tac switch, to turn it on/off or scroll out of that mode.

Starting with the 'legacy' drivers, like the COD:MW2 "The Works" driver, is definitely a good place to start for the first couple of weeks. This lets you get used to some of the features, i.e. the problem you had with defusing the bomb because fast reload was turned on. Fast Reload is indicated on the player3 LED I believe, so not sure if you actually had it turned on or just had the rapidfire on or? All of the legacy drivers include instruction sheets. If you can stick with those you can get 90% of the features you are looking for. When you've got that nailed down, then it's time to move onto the custom editor.

It's not easy to document 1,000 user requests from the past 18 months. If we had rock solid documentation, the controller would be the same price as an IPhone 4G. ($400)