New Rag. Question

BradT25

Sup fellow modders. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the controller does not turn itself off after a period of time to conserve battery consumption. Well I have noticed this on mine. Its not a huge issue, just wondering if this has happened to you.

odingalt

Staff member
This may sound like a strange question but when it doesn't shut off you at the XBOX home main dashboard, or MW3 main dashboard?

The reason I ask is this: About 18 months ago I had problems with legacy controllers not wanting to shut off when using the home menu to tell the controller to shut off. I tore my hair out over the issue. The issue then cropped up again a couple weeks ago. i.e. if I am in certain areas of the MW3 game and I tell the controller to power off, it doesn't. I talked to a guy at another mod shop and he told me it was a software bug. I thought I was crazy until I talked to him but he had the same issues around the same time periods that I had them.

This may be totally unrelated to just the +-10 minute time out of the controller but I thought it was worth bringing up.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
odin has a good point. If it's in MW3 it could be associated with a weird thing about the game not letting you turn off your controller. If it's in the dashboard that's weird, all controllers are supposed to turn themselves off after a certain period of inactivity to conserve batter life, but I never leave my Ragnarok turned on and just sitting somewhere. Whenever it's on, I'm using it.

BradT25

Yeah I was at idle in mw3, however I couldn't even manually shut off the pad, by holding the guide button and selecting the option that way. Very peculiar.

odingalt

Staff member
Exactly! I have been able to replicate this with a NONMODDED STOCK controller. Next time it happens try syncing an un-modded controller and then manually powering it off - you can't! It works from the main dash (I think) but not from within MW3.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Exactly, it also does this to me with a stock nonmodded 360 controller as well. It's deifnitely just MW3 for some reason, don't know what they did to cause this to happen, but they done screwed up lmao.