New Style Berserker?

morinzo

Is there a eta on the new chip & paddles? just curious because I want to wait on the new version.

Can we pre-order the new version??

Freyja

Staff member
The new version chips are out and already in circulation. The new paddles to work with the new chip are in progress. During my last conversation with Odin he said that he's working on patents for them before we will sell them. I think the ETA is in a few weeks, but with how things go at the shop that could mean sooner or much later.
We plan on making a big announcement when they are finished and we start selling them. At first we will probably only have one style, but as time passes and we get more feedback others will be produced.
There aren't pre-orders for the new one because it is essentially the same, there's not a huge start up cost for us doing them this time.

Last edited:

morinzo

I hope they keep us updated on this, they received my 360 macro trade up & I want to wait on the new paddles before I order.

I hated to let go of that macro because it was the best controller ever for the 360.

Currently using the 2 sets of old paddles that I was lucky enough to get & the RDC X1 remap pcb.

Freyja

Staff member
We just got the patent paperwork back, so we are getting closer to making them available to customers.

As for the number/location of switches; There will still be 2 on the front, but some of the paddles will have 2 TAC switches under them. These would remap the front two TAC's to two of the ones under the paddle. I'm not sure if all of the paddles will be like that or you can have it as an option.

morinzo

Thx for the update I really appreciate it!! I'd like to see some beta pics of the new paddles since you got you patent.

Freyja

Staff member
I will post some up here for you guys to see once Odin brings them back into the shop. I've only seen them once and I'm not sure if they have changed again or not, but they were pretty sweet. I think customers will really like it. I'm trying to talk him into getting colors besides black as well. Do you guys have any other color preferences? I don't think we can do clear or clearish, they have to be solid one colors from my understanding.

dawgyownz

Aw man that's a bummer.... I just got done buying one. Will I be able to do trade in and pay additional for upgrade?

Freyja

Staff member
The chip on yours in a new style if you just got one. If you were looking to "upgrade" to the new paddle switches we might be able to do so, but I would have to talk to Odin about it. Still no solid ETA for the paddles yet.

morinzo

How do I find out about my tradeup shipment? It was delivered on the 13th & I included forum username and email on the tradeup form.

morinzo

Yes sir, sorry & remove the post if you want..

Update: I used the contact us on the main page, hope that was right..

Last edited:

dawgyownz

The chip on yours in a new style if you just got one. If you were looking to "upgrade" to the new paddle switches we might be able to do so, but I would have to talk to Odin about it. Still no solid ETA for the paddles yet.

I got mine via ebay from a certified seller. He bought the old older one and sold to me full price. How could I get a updated controller? I could pay a upgrade fee if necessary.

morinzo

I got mine via ebay from a certified seller. He bought the old older one and sold to me full price. How could I get a updated controller? I could pay a upgrade fee if necessary.

If they offer it I would say you might need a new shell if the drill pattern for paddles is different, Just my opinion so wait on them to reply..

modded matt

THERE IS NOT A NEW BERSERKER CONTROLLER. THE CONTROLLERS TODAY ARE THE SAME AS THE ONES YOU BOUGHT A YEAR AGO AND ANYTIME SINCE RELEASE.

What has happened here you may ask??? Viking has reworked the berserker mod chip to a clip type chip similar tot he old Macro controller. (only installers will know the difference) This will do many things for Viking, but NOTHING for you...YET. For Viking, it should bring the overall cost to produce the chip down (dont expect a price drop right away, Viking still has a lot of dev costs to recoup) This change will also cut down on the installation time which also affects the total cost. Alas, in making this change, the new chip will not work with the paddle switches (that E was never real happy with the originals anyway) so the paddle option has been removed from the store. Oden is working on a new paddle design which he needs to patent the design before release, so anyone who has ever filed for a US patent can tell you this could be very slow or very quick and normally its very slow, then there has to be a small run production, test, and then full run and release to the public, so you could be waiting a long, long time.

In my opinion, the paddle switches are a gimmick (I have them from viking and scuff) and I have always found the tacts to be usable and less intrusive than any paddles. I use a charging dock so paddles are no good, just like the chat adapter and any other new add on devices Microsoft throws into the mix.

SUPPORT VIKING AT ITS TIME OF NEED ORDER YOUR BERSERKER NOW!!

Freyja

Staff member
Thanks for the clarification here. I feel like I've said the same thing several times, but maybe I wasn't being clear enough.