New.to modded controllers

titansfan2104

New to these controllers and I had a buddy that had an evil a while back so I went straight there and ordered a master mod controller. Well then I found this Viking controller and decided to buy one of these too. The master mod should be here in the next two days and I just ordered the Viking macro tonight. I will give you an honest review of each and hopefully get back on here. The programming and versatility is what turned me on to the Viking(along with the fact they won't be available much longer) and haven't seen one negative review. I'm looking forward to both of them. The feedback and the way the Viking guys get involved with. Their supporters is also a plus. Have a good night

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hope you enjoy both controller however just from experience you will absolutely love your macro controller. One of the best investments ive made and it never gets old to hop on some COD and hear people nag about your modded controller. I will be looking forward to your review. If you have any questions when you get the controller, Im always here.

titansfan2104

Thanks for the reply. My gt on the 360 is purty boy and psn is titansfan2104. When I get a chance to get on I would like to jump in some games !!! Working 12 hours a day right now indefinitely but will get some time soon!

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
Trust me from what I've heard and experienced the master mod is no where near the versatility of the macro controller. But it's just my opinion.

titansfan2104

Well the way I see it... I'm probably gonna like them both , I almost think each one will cater to a different kind of gamer. The master mod is a little cheaper and not hardly as intimidating as far as operation goes. Whereas the Viking is a Pandora box and seemingly limitless and I think "if" performance is equal it will come down to cost vs features !! Myself I just couldn't resist the idea of changing anything I want on the Viking!! And it kind of ****ed me off that I had to send three emails and contact evil on Facebook with no replies . I had to finally call them but they were nice and already on top of my issue , they just didn't let me know that they had me straightened out!! So all that kinda wore on me, but we will see when they both get here

titansfan2104

Yeah it is , but we are supposedly behind . At least I get every other Sunday off per contract... Whoo !! My girlfriend also decided she wanted an XBOX and she wanted my kinect , so she bought the gears of war edition and traded for my slim 250 with kinect!!! Hey, I didn't ask her to, she just did it!!

titansfan2104

Well she hasn't played anything but the dance central with kinect but she said she is gonna play the new cod because girls have been posting on Facebook that they play. She said she didn't know girls played those games and she is gonna start.

odingalt

Staff member
Edit: Master Mod is not remappable. I was thinking of their Nom4d controller.

I think Master Mod allows true button remapping which is a HUGE plus for some folks and the only drawback (my opinion of course) of the Viking Macro. :-x I haven't played with the master mod myself to see how the button remapping works or to see if 100% of the buttons are remappable, but we are definitely lacking true button remapping.

EDIT BY NYJETSNY1: I don't think this is the case. It only happened once "
Quadriplegic Gamer Calls For Custom Button Remapping In Console Games - Evil Controllers

"

They don't allow true button remapping last I have heard.

End Edit.

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see the revieeewwww........

Last edited by a moderator:

titansfan2104

Actually i dont think they are remappable?? Who would know? They come with a sheet of paper describing the 10 modes and thats it! They need to describe what its doing, heck i didnt know what auto burst was. It is a nice controller and seems to function well. BUT in the words of lee corso" not so fast my friend" they dont support games of the here and now! NO forum,email or facebook support (you can call and they will answer) But i have to send my controller back ($10) then pay to have a Gears3 mode (price unknown) then ship back ($10). Im inside my 7 day return so i think im sending it back and gonna add a little and get another V360. Maybe someone here can point me to an awesome rapid hammerburst and active reload before friday when i get my v360 (thats all i need) lol
I think Master Mod allows true button remapping which is a HUGE plus for some folks and the only drawback (my opinion of course) of the Viking Macro. I haven't played with the master mod myself to see how the button remapping works or to see if 100% of the buttons are remappable, but we are definitely lacking true button remapping.

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to see the revieeewwww........

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I do not own gears have played it though. The only reason I dont is because I dont have the money. Personally I love Gears its really fun but I have no steady flow of income so getting money can be a struggle.

Titansfan... welcome to the club man!! I have purchased three macro controllers and nice little pouches to keep them in when not in use... I can tell you you will love this thing. I have a silver and a black serpents for myself and I gave one of my groomsmen at my wedding a black standard macro controller.... Money well spent!!!

titansfan2104

Titansfan... welcome to the club man!! I have purchased three macro controllers and nice little pouches to keep them in when not in use... I can tell you you will love this thing. I have a silver and a black serpents for myself and I gave one of my groomsmen at my wedding a black standard macro controller.... Money well spent!!!
the viking is supposed to be here today Oct.21 and the master is going back to arizona and hoping to order the next viking this next week!! It wwould be sweet if i could send my GOW3 limited edition controllers and get the shells swapped!! That would be a collectors and REALLY limited edition!

can you guarantee that this is the fastest mod controller? like how fast is the rapid fire? and please put up a smackdown vs raw 2011 or 10 or even 09 example video of you reversing and kicking out. i just want to make sure that this is worth my 200 dollars. Do you have any controllers that are just rapidfire but still can set rapidfire for every button at the same time?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
can you guarantee that this is the fastest mod controller? like how fast is the rapid fire? and please put up a smackdown vs raw 2011 or 10 or even 09 example video of you reversing and kicking out. i just want to make sure that this is worth my 200 dollars. Do you have any controllers that are just rapidfire but still can set rapidfire for every button at the same time?

I have had my controller and its incredible using my rapid fire Im pretty sure there is no other controller faster. Take a peek at my channel and you can make your own judgement call. The Macro controller can fill all your needs with the rapid fire for every button. I personally think this controller is worth the money totally reccomend it. Also The smackdown macros, Im not sure if anyone has that game or if there is even macro out there for it. However if you end up buying a controller you can easily make a few and post them in the library.

Titansfan: Im pretty sure Fredrow can do that for you however you will lose your warranty through Viking but I think Fredrow would give you one through him. I wanted a Mw3 case swap and I think his quote was about a 100 dollars.

NYjetsNY1

I literally just answered this question on your PM. Check your PM :)