Newbie Help: Please explain Jitter

gablacks

I'm new to the mod world and really don't understand what jitter is or does. Can someone help me understand it and how you would use it? FYI, I spend most of my game time playing Black Ops these days.

Thanks!

WetterThanWater

Jitter is just a sequence of buttons that can make a burst fire weapon and some shotguns automatic! You just get the macro, (THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TAC JITTER AND RT JITTER!) assign it to either a tac switch, or the right trigger, if its on a trigger, I recommend that you make a toggle with one of the tacs. Anyways, then you just hit the trigger/tac and the 3burst gun or the shotgun will fire faster than it is supposed to do! Its amazing at close range. Especially if you use the Spas-12. Its fully auto!

Anyways, in case you're wondering about XYY and YY.

YY slow/medium is better for 3 burst guns like the M16 and the G11.
XYY Medium/Fast is better for shotguns.

SLOW/MEDIUM/FAST are just slightly slower/faster than the other, and they are used for different guns, its personal preference, try them all out if you'd like.

gablacks

Thanks for the info - that really helps! The videos I've seen look kinda crazy when it's used but it makes more sense now. One follow up question, does this means that using Jitter you don't or can't aim down the sights?

Thanks again!

NYjetsNY1

gablacks said:
Thanks for the info - that really helps! The videos I've seen look kinda crazy when it's used but it makes more sense now. One follow up question, does this means that using Jitter you don't or can't aim down the sights?

Thanks again!

Yep don't aim the sight down. That's what aim assisted jitter for lt is for. It rapidfires rt and holds lt when pressed.

WetterThanWater

I actually dislike the aim assisted jitter, because It shoots before the sight is completely aimed down, and also, jitter is just fine at long range. I use it all the time.

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
I actually dislike the aim assisted jitter, because It shoots before the sight is completely aimed down, and also, jitter is just fine at long range. I use it all the time.

Ok. Well it's there if anyone needs it.

gablacks

WOW... OMG... (etc, etc).... Jitter is SWEET!!! Based on the feedback/instructions provided I setup Jitter on RT last night (downloaded from macro library) and discovered its power with the SPAS-12. Holy Cow!!! That was fun. Thanks for the info and the controller - I can't wait to try it with other weapons and experiment with LT aim assist jitter.

NYjetsNY1

gablacks said:
WOW... OMG... (etc, etc).... Jitter is SWEET!!! Based on the feedback/instructions provided I setup Jitter on RT last night (downloaded from macro library) and discovered its power with the SPAS-12. Holy Cow!!! That was fun. Thanks for the info and the controller - I can't wait to try it with other weapons and experiment with LT aim assist jitter.

Good to hear.

NYjetsNY1

Voodoo said:
How well does jitter's aim assist work really?

Its basically just LT with RT rapid-fire so that when you hold LT it rapid-fires RT so you can shoot people accurately who are very far away. Jitter is not accurate extremely far away, so that's what that is for, because you don't need LT to aim with jitter.

WetterThanWater

I only wish there was a way to make the gun not shoot until you hit the right trigger with the LT aim assist, but that would require shift keys >_> . So I just have a toggle for jitter or I just put jitter on a tac.