NO LED, start turns on xbox

Just got new controller. Followed tutorials, everything seemed fine. Mod mode with two LEDs and all LEDs worked when started xbox, but the mods didn't. I put the Black Ops quick set on it and the controller worked like a regular one. The next time I turned it on (I had not done anything) the LEDs did not light up. Now when I hit the start button it turns my xbox on instead of going into mod mode. Any suggestions?

NYjetsNY1

Try redoing the firmware, try using fresh batteries. Hold start with them in. If that doesn't work, then look below.
Try no batteries hold start, then insert the batteries (fresh) still holding start. If
that still does not put you in programming mode let me know. Try NONRECHARGEABLE batteries.
Let me know if those work.

Talavera21

when i first got my controller it worked fine then i turned my xbox and everything off bc i was going to bed and now my LED's won't turn on and the mods aren't working. idk what's wrong. i already tried the new set of batteries and i have the latest firmware.

NYjetsNY1

Talavera21 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Talavera21 said:
How do you redo the firmware, im having the same problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oVuclvuoM

When i insert my new fresh batteries and press the start button, the LED's don't turn on

Hold start while you are inserting the batteries. Take out the batteries, hold start without them, then put them in while you are still holding start. Try a lot of different ways, and multiple times and they must be new batteries.