norton thinks vikingflash=virus

obo

hey Einar, when i downloaded vikingflash, norton wouldnt let me open it, and said it had a virus and deleted it?

any ideas of why this might happen? for instance, if a virus on your computer attatched itself to the file before you uploaded it?

just thought i would check

Krier023

Useful Poster
Thats exactly what happened to me. i unrared it and then when i tried to open it norton said it was suspicious activity and deleted it.

odingalt

Staff member
Flashing utility attachment removed for now. I will run a full scan on my machine now, will report back soon. Thanks,

Einar

obo

no problem, let us know how that works out. The program may just seem suspicious to norton, who knows. Might not even have a virus on it

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah i tried loading it on my other computer with avg or something on it and it worked fine. Looks nice and fancy

odingalt

Staff member
I scanned with Trend Micro, McAffee, and Malwarebytes. I am coming up with 100% clean scans. Can you provide more information on the message from Norton? I personally will not use Norton. I have banned Norton from any computer I own since 1999 (the last time I tried to use a Norton product, it crashed my hard drive)

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, Norton loves to whine about things beeing viruses. I have an adventure quest trainer that I used for 3 or 4 months with out a problem,, and then norton decided it was a virus and kept deleting it! You can set an exception for things, but it's a real pain to find, it took me about an hour.

Also, odingalt, I emailed you an icon to use for these programs. I made it from a screen shot of the viking page.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok, Icon was added to the program, it was recompiled, scanned using trend micro, mcafee and malwarebytes and re-attached in the releases forum. Thanks PS3COD I was meaning to get around to doing that :)

Krier023

Useful Poster
When i tried to open the viking flash with the new icon a window popped up from norton that said "A program is behaving suspiciously on your computer. We recommend that you choose to block and remove it" Then it has two buttons to push that say remove or allow to continue. I allowed to continue and it seems to work fine now

kristianz1

odingalt said:
I scanned with Trend Micro, McAffee, and Malwarebytes. I am coming up with 100% clean scans. Can you provide more information on the message from Norton? I personally will not use Norton. I have banned Norton from any computer I own since 1999 (the last time I tried to use a Norton product, it crashed my hard drive)

Yes! Norton thinks nearly every .exe file is a virus!

Fredrow

People who are having problem with Norton I have one question.....

Do you download a lot of "software" from sites like ____bay???

Also you know you can go into the vault in Norton and undelete it and make it a safe application to be ran on your PC......

MODz

I got norton too. The sonor protection is over protective. Go into quarintyn or watever and restore it. It says that
because hacking, modding, flashing tools are wat we use normaly, but computer nerds
use similer programs to hack computers.