Odins Raven-Thors Hammer & Black Ops

nibber

Hi all,
I have 2xThors Hammer and an Odins Raven controllers, i am trying to configure them in the preset editor, i am putting in the Black Ops settings for preset rapidfire and the custom level is set to 10 sps(but have also put experimented in values between 8 and 12), the Odins Raven works fine on rapidfire for main weapon and sidearm, the Thor's Hammer only works for the main weapon and not the pistol, the Thors Hammer rapidfire will also only work on some main weapons,is there any workaround for this? .
I thought i would tryout just to see what happens with "The Works" MW2 file into the Thor's Hammer for use on Black Ops,the sidearm rapidfire works on pistol,but not main weapon,also wondered why if i load MW2 "The Works" file in to the editor it comes up with "an exception has occurred Xml node/root/preset/ slot value etc so i assume this file is write protected so you cannot edit settings?.
Also on one of the Thor's Hammer controller i do not get the rapidfire led on after programming it and the bottom two leds flash on and off constantly(depending what the fire rate is set to, does not do this on two other files i have tried for Black Ops) and bottom right led cannot toggle rapidfire on/off although rapidfire works for main weapon only!.
I have button to toggle slot 1 off= Sync button and the button to change to next slot 1 mode=A+Sync button, has anyone got a Thor's Hammer/Odins Raven Black Ops file they can send me just to compare settings ,ps I have tried using Black Ops settings posted Nov 10th by apcoop7 ?.
I have just tried this file again on two of the Thor's Hammer controllers(i have 2Thor's Hammer controllers) one works okay, the other does not seem to want to work with this file and the leds 3 and 4 wont light up,but the controller will rapidfire on some main weapons ie Enfield, Galil,Famas but not the Fal which is my favourite gun! the other Thor's Hammer seems to be okay now with apcoop7 settings dialled in,this seems very strange, the controller that wont work properly is my newer controller out of the two This is driving me mad!
Best regards Nigel. :cry:

apcoop7

Paragraphs please lol...

How long ago did you get your controllers? Make sure all your software is up to date.

Blackops weapons all have a different rate of fire. If you're looking for a good rapid-fire use the FNFAL with the VIking360 Blackops preset.

nibber

All software is up to date have tried the Black Ops settings,one controller will not work with the hex file and one will

odingalt

Staff member
nibber said:
Hi all,
I have 2xThors Hammer and an Odins Raven controllers. I am trying to configure them in the preset editor. I am putting in the Black Ops settings for preset rapidfire, and the custom level is set to 10 sps. I have also put experimented in values between 8 and 12. The Odins Raven works fine on rapidfire for main weapon and sidearm, but the Thor's Hammer only works for the main weapon and not the pistol. The Thors Hammer rapidfire will also only work on some main weapons. Is there any workaround for this?

Sounds like your Thor's Hammer is broke.

nibber said:
Thought I would try out "The Works" MW2 file into the Thor's Hammer for use on Black Ops; the sidearm rapidfire works on pistol, but not main weapon. Also wondered why if i load MW2 "The Works" file in to the editor, it comes up with "an exception has occurred Xml node/root/preset/ slot value etc so i assume this file is write protected so you cannot edit settings?

The pre-made drivers on our downloads page are not compatible with the custom driver editor. I made all of those drivers 'by hand', not by using the custom driver editor.

nibber said:
Also, on one of the Thor's Hammer controller, I do not get the rapidfire led on after programming it and the bottom two leds flash on and off constantly (depending what the fire rate is set to, does not do this on two other files i have tried for Black Ops), and bottom right led cannot toggle rapidfire on/off although rapidfire works for main weapon only!

nibber said:
I have button to toggle slot 1 off= Sync button and the button to change to next slot 1 mode=A+Sync button, has anyone got a Thor's Hammer/Odins Raven Black Ops file they can send me just to compare settings ,ps I have tried using Black Ops settings posted Nov 10th by apcoop7 ? I have just tried this file again on two of the Thor's Hammer controllers(i have 2 Thor's Hammer controllers) one works okay, the other does not seem to want to work with this file and the leds 3 and 4 wont light up

Sounds like one of your Thor's Hammers is broke.

nibber said:
,but the controller will rapidfire on some main weapons ie Enfield, Galil,Famas but not the Fal which is my favourite gun! the other Thor's Hammer seems to be okay now with apcoop7 settings dialled in,this seems very strange, the controller that wont work properly is my newer controller out of the two This is driving me mad!
Best regards Nigel.

I think you're confused here, the Enfield, Galil and Famas are already automatic weapons So if the controller wasn't working at all, you'd still see rapidfire on these guns.

The whole thing sounds confusing to me, the best thing to do is either try "The works" driver - if "The Works" driver does not work when flashed directly into your Thor's Hammer, then your Thor's Hammer is probably broke. You could also run the button test code from the drivers page to check things out.

nibber

Hi there,
I will try the MW2 "The Works" file on the suspect Thor's Hammer controller tonight,btw dont understand why would i get rapidfire working if the controller is faulty .
The suspect controlller will rapidfire on some weapons in Black Ops(i know the different weapons have different fire rates and they are definately firing faster than the standard firing rate) but not the sidearm even if i adjust the fire rate in the custom editor and re-program the controller.
Regards Nigel. :D

nibber

Hi there,
I have just loaded the MW2 "The Works" file in to the suspect Thor's Hammer controller and it is working perfectly all modes jitter etc!, and No 4 led lit and flashes on mode change .
However the controller will still not work on rapidfire when loaded with a customised (Black Ops)file via the editor,really confused now lol!
Regards Nigel. :D

odingalt

Staff member
I am also very confused, especially about not being able to get rapidfire to work on a sidearm. Are you using single-fire (semi-auto) pistols? There's absolutely no reason that rapidfire would work on the long rifle but not on the sidearm.

Can you try to create a black ops driver for your Thor's Hammer using the latest version of the hex editor, and then post that .hex file here for me to analyze tonight?

nibber

Hi again,
I have tried using ASP,Makarov,M1911,CZ75.
File attached using version 0.9.1.1 editor,
Best Regards Nigel :D

nibber

Tried the test code file on the controller,the player 4 led is flashing 4 times constantly with no buttons being pressed,other test buttons functions working
Regards Nigel

apcoop7

nibber said:
Ben have pm'd you
Regards Nigel.

Not trying to disrespect you Nigel but this is a forum, and you do not have to say "Hello" or "Regards" every time you post something lol. We understand you have a problem and that's what the forum is here for. Good luck with your controller

odingalt

Staff member
Hey, I love our UK allies. It wouldn't hurt our culture to be a little more formal and show each other a little more respect. ;)