Odin's raven trouble

DigitalDesire

I've had my Odin's Raven controller for a long time now, and it's time for it to be retired. I bought a macro controller a month or two ago, and I'm loving it. What to do with the Legacy controller though? It no longer works 100%. Occasionally the left direction on the right controller stick will not trigger correctly. Moving the stick back and forth somehow resolves this issue. Other than that the controller works fine.

So here's my issue. What should I do with this controller? I doubt anyone wants a broken controller, however the mod chip still works perfectly. I was thinking about putting it up on ebay, but I can't see anyone buying a broken controller. At one point I was even considering trading it to a friend for his copy of fable 2, but I just couldn't bear to give up a nearly $200 controller for a $20 game. Is there still any value left in the mod chip? Or, could there be a simple way to fix my controller?

I'm really at a loss of what to do here. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
I've had my Odin's Raven controller for a long time now, and it's time for it to be retired. I bought a macro controller a month or two ago, and I'm loving it. What to do with the Legacy controller though? It no longer works 100%. Occasionally the left direction on the right controller stick will not trigger correctly. Moving the stick back and forth somehow resolves this issue. Other than that the controller works fine.

So here's my issue. What should I do with this controller? I doubt anyone wants a broken controller, however the mod chip still works perfectly. I was thinking about putting it up on ebay, but I can't see anyone buying a broken controller. At one point I was even considering trading it to a friend for his copy of fable 2, but I just couldn't bear to give up a nearly $200 controller for a $20 game. Is there still any value left in the mod chip? Or, could there be a simple way to fix my controller?

I'm really at a loss of what to do here. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Viking360 will possibly repair it if there is no tampering and you didn't install it yourself. I will contact odingalt and have him answer back to you in the next 72 hours or less.

DigitalDesire

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't install the mod myself. I bought it straight from the website a long time ago. (possibly two years now?) As far as tampering goes, well.. I did have to take the shell off and replace the left thumb stick (just the plastic part) since all the rubber wore off the thumb stick that was originally on it. Thats it though. The controller is actually so old that the Player 1 LED has almost worn out. haha

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't install the mod myself. I bought it straight from the website a long time ago. (possibly two years now?) As far as tampering goes, well.. I did have to take the shell off and replace the left thumb stick (just the plastic part) since all the rubber wore off the thumb stick that was originally on it. Thats it though. The controller is actually so old that the Player 1 LED has almost worn out. haha

Alright, I don't think viking360 will repair it. We might. It depends. I'm not sure on legacy repair processes, but at the very least you'll have to pay for shipping.

Then they will probably ask you more questions and determine if they should try to fix it. They will probably charge you for the repair.

I honestly don't know though. Just merely assumptions.

If they can't repair it, they may or may not redirect you to someone who can. Hopefully odingalt will answer so I know for future reference and you get your answer.

DigitalDesire

Yeah I figured I would have to pay for repairs. Honestly though, I've had my time with this controller and moved on to the newer macro version. I'm just looking to get a little bit of money back out of the legacy. If paying a repair fee is what it takes, then thats fine. Some money is better than none! Aside from the money, I would hate to see a good controller go to waste. In my eyes, even the legacy controllers are still far better than any other modded controllers out there.

NYjetsNY1

DigitalDesire said:
Yeah I figured I would have to pay for repairs. Honestly though, I've had my time with this controller and moved on to the newer macro version. I'm just looking to get a little bit of money back out of the legacy. If paying a repair fee is what it takes, then thats fine. Some money is better than none! Aside from the money, I would hate to see a good controller go to waste. In my eyes, even the legacy controllers are still far better than any other modded controllers out there.

I miss my odin's raven </3

Lol, I had to sell it to buy my first macro though.

Ben

I'm willing to fix the controller for you however I would charge (not much) and you would have to cover postage (I'm in the UK).

You could also contact Fredrow, if your in the US this might be easier :)

odingalt

Staff member
Analog sticks seem to wear out faster than everything else, those are a PITA to replace. We do some repairs but try to avoid joystick replacements if we can, hopefully Ben or Chris (fredrow) are looking for a little extra work. http://east-seattle-electronics.com