Opening and installing.

God

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My order came with thumbsticks I didn't want and consumer support was too slow to change it. I've decided to open it myself. Is there anything inside I should be aware of? I remember one time Odin said that some people had trouble with their install because the chip got moved out of place. Is this true? I don't know. It just stuck with me. I have another macro controller to test on but I am really stuck on the last screw and can't get it out until I get a security t8 instead of just a t8. I wanted to get some information before it comes in because replies are slow here. Then once I got all my information I can do some handiwork on my new controller without breaking it.[/FONT]

bonefisher

If it is brand new with you opening it right away ruins the warranty that you had on it! Think like 6 months I believe....I never had the chip problem coming out of place but a few did! Just be careful if you do decide to open! Crack it open with care.... wires are at top and bottom which gives you little room to play with but change out can be done!

God

If it is brand new with you opening it right away ruins the warranty that you had on it! Think like 6 months I believe....I never had the chip problem coming out of place but a few did! Just be careful if you do decide to open! Crack it open with care.... wires are at top and bottom which gives you little room to play with but change out can be done!
I had another controller and I didn't need my warranty because it never broke but I dunno. If it does break I'll just ask for another on Christmas. However! I tried out my evil sticks on another controller and I LOVED IT! Um. Also, I bought adjustable trigger stops because I wanted to try to mimic rapidfire. Sort of because I want to act like oh i just have trigger stops man. Experience too. I hate using normal triggers because I just can't focus on hitting the sweet spot and aim at the same time. A HINT THOUGH! In Call of Duty Ghosts soundwhoring is BACK! In MW3 it sucked but I think it is better than MW2 except I can't hear breaking windows across the map on high rise. Soundwhoring+map smarts+Viking=Deadly mother censored. PDW SUCKS! It is the only burst fire pistol and it's slow. Everything else is a mixture of deagles m****1 or P99. Anyway. This is getting kind of long but I wanted to be thorough and not make a short post so I will end this here.

bonefisher

if you decide on putting trigger stops to the macro controller you might want to check measurements on how the chip receives how far back it needs to pull! Are they modsticks adjustable trigger stops?

modded matt

Trigger stops are only good on COD, make sure they are removable or adjustable. As for the thumb sticks. Test the controller thoroughly before opening it. run it for a few hours constantly to make sure there are no issues. Then open it up very slow and be careful not to tug on anything. the factory wiring is done in a manner that can be a pain as they keep the wire so short. When you open it, keep the mobo in the bottom shell, hold it upside down and use your thumbs to push the sticks (mobo and bottom shell) apart for the top shell once free, grasp the top shell in one hand, and the bottom shell/mobo in the other, when pulling apart, you will only be able to pull them slightly apart enough to rotate and flip the top.

if you do it right, on the desk your mobo will be sitting in the bottom shell right side up, and the top of the shell will be sitting below that, upside down. the sticks just pull off and slide back on. assembly is the revers of disassembly.

WOW its early this morning, did any of that make since?

God

I took out the rumble packs but I haven't tried to replace the thumbsticks or triggers. Because A. It's a mess. And B. I watched two YouTube videos and I wasn't able to remove the triggers. They were really old. I didn't understand them. I don't want to break anything.

Last edited:

40_ounce

once you have everything taken apart it's easy to take of the thumb sticks and triggers. ou just pull the thumb sticks off and the triggers pretty much pop out. Honestly i wouldnt have went through all this trouble
just to change the thumbsticks. But it's your controller.