Opening The Controller

Gezilla

You will void your 90 day warranty if you take the controller apart i would wait until after 90 days to open it up!!!! Just trying to help :mrgreen:

odingalt

Staff member
Open controller = voided warranty. We have had many customers opening the controller to do custom case jobs (either painting themselves or trying to perform a case swap). You have a good chance of accidentally catching one of the wires and ripping it out of the solder joint. If any perspective customers out there want/need custom shells or custom paint, get your shell ready first then look up Fredrow to see if he will do a send-in service using your shell.

I can't blame you for trying to make your controller even more awesome, and if you choose to open it up the regulars here will do their best to try to help you out if you have problems putting it back together, but you've been warned :)

a42ozslushie

Hey my tact switches for my duo are on front. Is the wire connected to the tact switches long enough so I can replace the analog sticks?

VeNGaNCe34

I have recently opened my raven(duo) and my tac switches on the back. i did not face any wires and nothing broke reall it is not that hard to do if you just take the front face off. but if you have the tac switches on the front, 2 wires are run to each of them. i have no clue on what the length of the wires is. message me for any questions.

Itz CHARLEY

with the switches on the front, the wire from them to the chip should be longer, but the wires are probably taped down to the board to avoid the button pads ands pinching areas. With the tact switches on the back, the wire will be not very long but most likely not taped down.

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
It's on acidmods. Irishstyle got upset last time he linked to acidmods, thought he was selling stuff.

I thought it was for something else..... But I could be wrong too..... And he wasn't trying to sell anything, he just gave a link to a DIY PS3 rapid-fire install. Right??

Paul

Fredrow said:
PS3andCOD said:
It's on acidmods. Irishstyle got upset last time he linked to acidmods, thought he was selling stuff.

I thought it was for something else..... But I could be wrong too..... And he wasn't trying to sell anything, he just gave a link to a DIY PS3 rapid-fire install. Right??

Last time he posted a link to acidmods it ended up with him getting banned. Better safe then sorry!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Fredrow said:
PS3andCOD said:

Correct. Irishstyle thought he was selling them, and then matt was kind of rude, and it sort of escalated.