Other buttons than sync

Krier023

Useful Poster
I am thinking about buying a viking chip before the new viking comes out, but i wanted to hook to down on the dpad rather than sync button for the hammer. I mentioned it in another thread and moddedmatt said i would need a transistor or something. Im jjust wondering what it would take to wire to the dpad rather than sync

Itz CHARLEY

i think he meant resistor. what this means is it lowers the voltage coming from the V chip to a level the dpad can handle

Mikey560

Yeah i think he meant resistor too. I think fredrow might know what kind of resistor you would need to hook up to the dpad because fredrow is always messing around. Well really you just nned to find the voltage limit for the viking360 chip

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Mikey560 said:
Yeah i think he meant resistor too. I think fredrow might know what kind of resistor you would need to hook up to the dpad because fredrow is always messing around. Well really you just nned to find the voltage limit for the viking360 chip
Fredrow might know....and Matt deffinatally knows because he said you need one

modded matt

do the research, I am not telling you how to do it, but it can be done through components. you need something that will toggle when activated.

the sinc button supplies voltage, when you press the button, that voltage is pulled to ground, this is what the viking chip sees.

look into switching transistors. or maybe flipflops etc.

good luck

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

modded matt said:
do the research, I am not telling you how to do it, but it can be done through components. you need something that will toggle when activated.

the sinc button supplies voltage, when you press the button, that voltage is pulled to ground, this is what the viking chip sees.

look into switching transistors. or maybe flipflops etc.

good luck
I didn't mean it like you needed to tell him....sorry if it came out that way.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Sorry for my ignorance, and i was not meaning for you to give me all the answers, but i am not extremely mechanically knowledgeable. so when you press the sync button the voltage is pulled to ground and that is what the chip sees and changes modes, but does the dpad work differently? sorry for my ignorance and dont flame, just asking some questions.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Krier023 said:
Sorry for my ignorance, and i was not meaning for you to give me all the answers, but i am not extremely mechanically knowledgeable. so when you press the sync button the voltage is pulled to ground and that is what the chip sees and changes modes, but does the dpad work differently? sorry for my ignorance and dont flame, just asking some questions.
When the sync is pushed it sees current....the problem with the dpad is how to find that current....personally I wouldn't bother with the dpad....just make/get a raven......because if your going to use the dpad how is the chip going to know your pushing the dpad for your killstreak not to toggle modes?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Truthfully i dont really need to hook it to the dpad. i just figured it would be a nice project and make an original controller, while i am learning about the xbox controller, and electronics, as i dont know much about electronics

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Krier023 said:
Truthfully i dont really need to hook it to the dpad. i just figured it would be a nice project and make an original controller, while i am learning about the xbox controller, and electronics, as i dont know much about electronics
I think it's possible but I also see programming flaws too.