Outside USA custom charges

edgar

Just heads up to all living outside USA, I'm in Ireland just get my controller today, was 2 days on custom office and I had a charge of 31.59 euros ( don't no why).just to let all no that could happen.
Edgar

Have not been charged custom charges before anyway possible for this not to happen, also did the controller take long to arrive and how good is it, thanks in advance

edgar

irishtoon said:
Have not been charged custom charges before anyway possible for this not to happen, also did the controller take long to arrive and how good is it, thanks in advance
to me is the first time, never happen before, pacel was open, controller is very very good thats my second one ( not that the first one was not ok ) just wanted to have 2 . :cool: and it takes +- 5 working days.

Ben

UPDATE!

Customs is a f****g joke! - They just made me pay £21.70 to release my DIY Kits. And Its taken a whole week extra so I have lost out by getting express international aswell.

Not happy :(

Ben

Just had to pay another £25 for my second batch of chips which got stopped at customs :(

Actually sucks :(

odingalt

Staff member
Good Lord wasn't the declared value like $100USD which is 60 GBP, which ends up meaning the import tax is like 40%?????

Ben

Yer I think it was something like that..

Its actually a joke! Grrrrr

At least I get them today though :)

Fredrow

Every Time I do shipping outside the US, I always declare that the item is a gift......

I have never had anyone pay customs money......

Ben

Hmm sounds like a good idea.. :)

I need to get some more chips today or tomorrow, I'll see if Einar is up for doing that :)

realdakar

Ordered my Raven controller 7 days ago and its arrived today to Ireland, great news that NO custom charges paid (it can happen).
First impressions easy to use, tac switches are in a great place and so easy to re-program. Looking forward to getting the most out of the controller but one question can you use any full auto's with rapid fire.

theblur1

I live in Canada and didnt have to pay them ..

^^ you can use rapid fire with full auto guns but it really wont make a difference

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You didn't have to pay? I live in Canada, and every time I buy over the internet I get dinged with taxes. I think it has something to do with the mail service though. I have never been missed for taax with UPS, but ocasionaly it's fine with USPS. UPS also charges a $40 fee for paying the taxes and billing you later. It's rediculous.

odingalt

Staff member
Unfortunately we have to declare at least the insurable value of the item, since we're a legit e-commerce website. That last thing I want to do is to get ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) bearing down on me and my company for some sort of federal or international mail fraud. I haven't bothered to study the law to see how big of a deal it is, instead I just do as the USPS instructs me to be on the safe side.

We do have partner sites in the UK and Australia now to try to save on shipping and/or duties costs. Does anyone know how bad the VAT is when shipping within the EU? For instance, if someone from France was to buy from our UK affiliate?

We almost sold ships to a shop in France, but the guy backed out of the deal the day we dropped to modchips off at FedEx. Unfortunately there hasn't been a lot of interest from any of the major world shops, so for now we're working with Ben in the UK and Craig in Australia - check out the flag links at the top of our home page.

Ben

I don't think things get stopped in customs if they are sent within the EU, as I never have to fill out a custom forms to post anything to anywhere else in Europe.

I'm willing to post pretty much anywhere as long as the buyer covers the additional shipping charges.