Page Forward/Back Need Both???

fst2011

Can some one please tell me if you need to have a forward tac and back tac page button. I watched some videos and some say to have it, and others dont. Mainly do you need to have both? As in, a forward and back or can you just have say forward and then scroll thru all the pages until you get to the last page and then it starts all over again. OR....must you have both a forward and back tac button?

Also, I seen in another video where the guys was unboxing his new macro and was changing all the colors around the X logo...how do you do this?

I have to throw this out there. Viking made an amazing controller but feel like they kind dropped the ball alittle. I didnt eve get a directions or how to booklet with my $400 controller. I understand this controller is amazing and I cant wait to start and play with it but feel they left alot of the trial and error up to us. Instead of opening the box and using the controller, I'm spending alot of time trying to figure this thing out.

Please dont misunderstand...I'm just a little frustrated with all the back and forth emails and etc just to learn a drop shot or rapid fire. I love this macro and thats why I spent the $400. I know this controller had alot....ALOT of room for growth and cant wait to use it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help,
BK

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Well what I do is assign one tac switch for page right on all pages so that I can flip through all the pages. You can use both if wanted. Also the ring of light thing is a macro here are a few different light sequences: http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/macro-library?nonce=340e69fea9&keywords=LEDS&type= .

Also I feel your pain however this controller was meant for a little bit more advanced people technology wise. If you have any questions the macro seems to rely on the forums so just like you did here ask the forums and Ill try to get to you ASAP.

odingalt

Staff member
The macro controller was designed with ultimate flexibility but at the cost of a steep learning curve. Keep coming back with your questions we'll try to get you up to speed so you're ready to rock on these all on your own! [Have you had a chance to check out the tutorial video series?]

fst2011

Yeah...video was good but lacked some "here it is in action" meaning....create a drop shot or use a rapid fire macro and show yourself applying to a tac or etc button and then have maybe a small video window showing it in action. I understood it would be a learning curve going into this....but just finding it hard to make the leap from a completely blank controller to one that works with say....MW3 or GTA IV....

MJ.....so your saying that I would have to create a flip right on every page that has macros and assign that flip right to 1 tac....yes? If this is correct, I would rather do it that way, so I dont lose another tac button just to have it flip left....does that makes sense or do you feel I should have both and left and right?

Guys....please, bare with me....I'm gonna be asking alot of questions and I will try to keep them smart but I might slip in a dumb question here or there....I'm tech know how just a little ;)

Brian

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah...video was good but lacked some "here it is in action" meaning....create a drop shot or use a rapid fire macro and show yourself applying to a tac or etc button and then have maybe a small video window showing it in action. I understood it would be a learning curve going into this....but just finding it hard to make the leap from a completely blank controller to one that works with say....MW3 or GTA IV....

MJ.....so your saying that I would have to create a flip right on every page that has macros and assign that flip right to 1 tac....yes? If this is correct, I would rather do it that way, so I dont lose another tac button just to have it flip left....does that makes sense or do you feel I should have both and left and right?

Guys....please, bare with me....I'm gonna be asking alot of questions and I will try to keep them smart but I might slip in a dumb question here or there....I'm tech know how just a little ;)

Brian

Your fine we are here to help, but yes it does make perfect sense. Im thinking you would like my setup. I only use one tac switch for a page right. I might make another video just on my setup. I suggest you watch my full over view of the software and you might understand a little. It is pretty long but might help you out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzA-Smo4cP8

garnet2k11

I only used the front-left tac switch for switching pages when i was using my controller before buying a 400 dollar new one last week, i dont really even need both a page left and right, cause i only need about 8 or 9 macro's maximum, to help me through levels on mm10. Which is across only the first 2 pages - Red and Green

Last edited:

fst2011

MJ...I watched all your videos already they are good. Part of my problem is I dont want to just start putting all kinds of stuff on this controller, cause I feel I might mess or brick it....thats just me....dont want to tweak unless I fully uderstand it....I learned my leason the hard way with the first bricked iphone...lol. Got the hang of jailbreaking all phone now but what a nightmare in the beginning.

Guess I will just have to put something on it and mess around. Yeah if you could post a setup you use for mw3 might give others and me a better feel for how things could work. Also really looking for a killer drop shot and if possible a anti recoil....if you know of one, please let me know. Thanks for all the help thus far....I'm off to brick...I mean ....play with my NEW macro controller...Lol

Brian

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Haha I have had a bad experience with bricking myself however I dont think you can brick a macro controller unless you use like legacy drivers to flash to it or something. Any how if you want to add me on Xbox I can answer all your questions and allow you to understand the software more.

noonoo390

some people are just so tech savvy that even if they see the macro software for the first time they know how to use it i was one of these people but for the people who dont know as much there a macro library you you can for example download and old drop shot macro and then look at how it is made and emulate that also the recording feature really helps people who dont know how to make macro on the pc but it really isn't that hard to watch the video and learn how to use the controller

fst2011

Thanks for calling me dumb....no no I'm just joking. I have found my problem is not so much understanding but fear of making things corrupt or breaking something, that holds me back. And then other times, I just dont get it. I'm more or a visual person. If I can watch someone do it...then I will get the hang of it. I have to go now....the small yellow bus is waiting to pick me up ;)

Brian

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Thanks for calling me dumb....no no I'm just joking. I have found my problem is not so much understanding but fear of making things corrupt or breaking something, that holds me back. And then other times, I just dont get it. I'm more or a visual person. If I can watch someone do it...then I will get the hang of it. I have to go now....the small yellow bus is waiting to pick me up ;)

Brian

Hahahaha that was really funny. Had to read it twice to get the joke but got it now.