Possible defective audio usb?

Clarkkent434

This is really for Odin since every time I email Viking support I get some nonsense answer. I am about to quit using Viking products because of the Viking helpdesk makes it more painfull than calling your cable provider!!! Any ways I got my Berseker controller last week and it works great. But Saturday night(May 31) I decide to use the my chat adapter with the controller after making a few adjustment as suggested on the forums for the Microsoft chat adapter(http://www.viking360.com/forums/threads/making-the-chat-adapter-fit.5687/) and that when I found an issue. I have update the controller software( Viking and Microsoft) so I know it is up to date to work with the Microsoft chat adapter. The Microsoft chat adapter mute button lights up orange so I know it is functioning but when I talk, in a party, my mic lights up but NO PARTY sounds comes back through the chat adapter. I have test my Microsoft chat adapter on my Day One Edition Xbox One controller and mic and party sound both work. So I think there is something wrong but not sure if it is the paddles or the audio usb port. Odin or anyones input would help thanks.

Ellis O.

JIM WALKER

Must admit you have me stumped, especially as you have had the adapter working on another controller, certainly points towards the connection, stupid question, have you really pushed it home, even give it a jiggle, the fact that the mute light comes on indicates a connection is being made, have had occasional issues myself when joining a party, I usually pull the chat cable in and out, then suddenly it goes "live", issues are still occurring with the party chat system as well. As I say, I am at a loss to figure this one ....

odingalt

Staff member
This one has me stumped as well. We don't tap into the audio circuits when we install the modchip.

jerrod710

There have been issues with xbox live that affects chat. Sometimes a reset has to be done on the xbox to get it going again. Like Jim said, I had to really push my chat adapter in pretty hard to get it all the way in there at first. After awhile it goes in easier. You might try making sure it's really pushed in all the way. Mine was a really tight fit at first. In fact I even had to trim a little off my chat adapter to get it to actually push in all the way. The paddles were in the way of getting mine to insert all the way. Hope that helps.

JIM WALKER

The other posts seem to support the theory that it is likely to be a connection issue ( cable, router or adapter )rather than an actual controller issue, sorry we haven't really helped, which in itself is unusual ...

odingalt

Staff member
They can try playing around with it at the shop if they can't get the mic port working at the shop then time for a replacement :-(.

XBOX 360 controllers we used to see issues with mics on the wireless controllers, the solution was usually to keep re-syncing the controller so it would eventually communicate on a different 2.4GHz channel (lots of stuff operates at 2.4GHz, on XBOX 360 seemed to screw up communications on the mic).

oDEEKo

If you turn up the game volume on the chat adapter do you get game sound through your headset?

I'd suggest testing it with chat in a game lobby, with Skype or by recording a voice message to someone on your friends list and playing it back..

Also, while your testing, make sure your kinect is not set to 'Use Kinect microphone for chat' to rule out a potential complication.

Xbox one party chat is still really flaky, it seems particularly so when it comes to the whole 'game party' system. Both myself and friends have had issues where you join a party and your mic icon on screen indicates you're speaking, but no one can hear you and vice versa. Sometimes switching between game chat and party chat in the party menu fixes it, other times leaving and rejoining party, other times having to start an entirely new party!

It could be coincidence that it didn't happen when you tried with your day one edition controller :-S

modded matt

Xbox one party chat is still really flaky, it seems particularly so when it comes to the whole 'game party' system. Both myself and friends have had issues where you join a party and your mic icon on screen indicates you're speaking, but no one can hear you and vice versa. Sometimes switching between game chat and party chat in the party menu fixes it, other times leaving and rejoining party, other times having to start an entirely new party!

It could be coincidence that it didn't happen when you tried with your day one edition controller :-S

I have the same issues, I have a day one controller.