Power problems?

Reaver

Hi there

I've had my controller since Feb, have been a happy but infrequent user, barely touching it in the last 3 months. I recently got back into the MW2 so thought I would dust off my Duo controller, has been going great but then the other day I started having a problem with the controller, when I hit the power button, it flashes twice, enough to turn on the xbox, but then it seems like the power cuts out and the controller turns off. I have tried fresh battery packs so its not a low power problem. When a power cable is plugged in the top, connected to the computer it can draw power from the cable and if I insert the cable quickly I can get the controller in programming mode, so I have tried reprogramming it again with little success.

Any ideas whats going on please?

Thanks in advance for your replies :)

Reaver

Yea it was one u made for me too, maybe a dodgy batch of boards. I don't think I'll be buying a new board. I couldn't have used it for more than 30 hours since I bought it, so not like I have used it to death.

odingalt

Staff member
This a do it yourselfer job or a full retail one you bought off the site? So long as you didn't tamper with it they ought to be able to take it back into the shop, make a diagnosis and look at making repairs.

obo

just a question for you. Can you get it to work with the xbox while it is connected to a pnc cable?

Reaver

Sorry a stupidly long reply, i had kinda given up on it for a while, been playing on my PC. Anyways, ive had a bit of a development, i tried using some normal batteries instead of the microsoft rechargeable pack and the power worked, so for some reason the battery packs have stopped (yes i tried fully charging them :>) I would be able to live with this, but for some reason the A button isnt working either which is kind of an issue.. LED 1 had also stopped working so maybe this is messing up the power usage? Theres deffinately some loose connections in there i think.

As for the questions: Not enabled word programming, what does that even do? i read somewhere to do it the first time but thats it. Yes it works through the pnc cable connected to the xbox and no not a DIY job, i would never attempt anything that involved an expensive item and soldering! Bought from Ben at rapid controllers.

Thanks in advance for any replies, i know its a legacy controller now, how quickly things change!