Price Drop

NYjetsNY1

Greetings everyone,

Just in case you had another purchase of a Viking product in your budget
plans this year, we wanted to point your attention to new lower prices on
the www.Viking360.com website. Sale prices are good through the month of
April! We will re-evaluate the new prices at the end of April, and decide
whether or not the new lower prices will stay for good.

Also, stay tuned, we will be bringing up to six new custom shell patterns
to our line-up. We're anxiously awaiting the samples from the paint shop.

Have a great Spring,

--
Thanks, The Viking Team -

Order yours today at: http://www.viking360.com

odingalt

Staff member
Sgt Jax Mehoff said:
why would you put the prices back up?

Same reason iMac products are so expensive. They cater to a niche market.

I'm hoping to build a little bigger customer base and generate some buzz by cutting into our profit margins. But if we don't generate more sales and more buzz about the product, it's not worth it to cut into our per-unit profit margin. I.e. if I sell 100 every month for $199, and then I drop the price to $169, and we are still selling 100, we are actually making half as much money as we did before.

It may just be a fact that we are selling to a niche group of customers who are going to buy regardless. I'm hoping there are some customers (a lot of them) out there on the fringe that are having a hard time coming up with $199. I can understand that. This macro controller was never supposed to be this expensive. Then again, I see some of the crap the other mod shops sell for $200-$300 and I wonder if anybody actually gives a shit about functionality.

mike24

how long do you think the custom shells will take to be put on the market?? oh and can you give any description of what the new shells look like? :D

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

mike24 said:
how long do you think the custom shells will take to be put on the market?? oh and can you give any description of what the new shells look like? :D
currently if you want a custom shell(other than whats listed) you need to buy a controller from here and send it to fredrow.

mike24

will any of them have features such as blacked out buttons or anything along those lines do you know? if not, then im gonna order the silver one tomorrow! :D

odingalt

Staff member
mike24 said:
will any of them have features such as blacked out buttons or anything along those lines do you know? if not, then im gonna order the silver one tomorrow! :D

No not this time around. I think we'll have the new controller line-up on the site by May. I get samples "any time now" and then we pick which shell types we want to go with (I'm hoping all six end up looking cool) then we ship another batch of controllers down to the paint shop and then maybe another 3 weeks to show up?

I keep thinking about after that (so starting in May) I might send in some more samples and try to do something like a digital camo with bullet buttons or something. I dunno. Maybe we can have a vote every month and bring on one new special edition.

I'd love to offer the pick-and-choose lineup but these installs are an absolute nightmare and if we had to build-to-order everything a.) my employees would quit and b.) orders wouldn't ship out for two weeks :-(

mike24

odingalt said:
mike24 said:

No not this time around. I think we'll have the new controller line-up on the site by May. I get samples "any time now" and then we pick which shell types we want to go with (I'm hoping all six end up looking cool) then we ship another batch of controllers down to the paint shop and then maybe another 3 weeks to show up?

I keep thinking about after that (so starting in May) I might send in some more samples and try to do something like a digital camo with bullet buttons or something. I dunno. Maybe we can have a vote every month and bring on one new special edition.

I'd love to offer the pick-and-choose lineup but these installs are an absolute nightmare and if we had to build-to-order everything a.) my employees would quit and b.) orders wouldn't ship out for two weeks :-(

ahh very true! well lets just say im ordering my silver one today! :D how long should it take to get to Tennessee?? :D