Problem with LEDs

Spliffs is Dead

I received my Ragnarok controller today, when I put a battery into it and powered it on, The LED lights did not come on. The controller is synced to the xbox, I can move menus around and what not. But the only way I see the LEDs come on, is to have it plugged into a play and charge. Unplug it and they turn off.

Any thoughts? Or advice?

EDIT: New Energizers AND the Controller is Perfectly Fine.

Last edited:

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
So you're using a battery pack with a play and charge kit, correct? Is your battery pack charged? If it isn't charged or has a low battery life it can affect your LEDs. They should light up just as a normal controller would with one. I use my play and charge kit with a rechargeable battery pack and it works great. Try using a pair of fresh AA batteries (make sure not to use any that say "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ACCESSORY" on them, usually on Duracell's that Microsoft will send out with their controllers). I had an issue where my player 3 and 4 slot LEDs wouldn't light because of those batteries. Let me know if that works.

If your xbox is off, and you plug your play and charge kit into the controller with the battery pack and turn on the console, the LEDs don't show up at all? Correct me if I am wrong, if the battery pack is charged and isn't like almsot dead or anything it could be from a bad installation or something. Try both of the things I said out though first.

Last edited:

Spliffs is Dead

Ok, well when I put some brand new Energizers, and they turned on. I was using my rechargeable that I use with my Macro Controller, had a green light indicating that it was charged (obviously not)
I was just Kinda freaking out, because my new controller wasn't working, So i thought.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Hmmm, still kind of odd. Odin did tell me once that I shouldn't go off of what either the play and charge cable light says or even the battery life indicator when you press the guide. I had batteries that were almost dead and in the guide it showed 3 bars. My play and charge kit also will sometimes show a green light saying it's fully charged after I had been using it unplugged for multiple hours before or the indicator in the guide will show like 3 bars or less lol. IDK if you have a charging station or anything but try and charge that battery pack up later or something. Leave it in one of your controllers (preferably a nonmodded one) and plug in your play and charge kit and leave it plugged in to charge when you shut down your console. Still weird because your battery pack should've worked.

Sometimes the battery packs will eventually get to a point where they don't hold a charge anymore. I have 2 white battery packs that I've had since I first got my original 360 (upgraded to the GoW3 edition one recently) and one of those battery packs does not hold a charge anymore. If I charge it and leave it in a controller or take it out and leave it like on my dresser, within a few hours I won't be able to turn on any controller with it, the battery life just drains itself. Not sure that your battery pack is getting to that point but it's just weird because battery packs should work pretty well with your Ragnarok. It's all I use for mine.

Spliffs is Dead

The Battery I use for my Macro Controller is fairly new. Not sure if it is holding a charge long as it should. Ill end up buying a new rechargeable for the Ragnarok, it is a gift.
If u take your old battery packs that don't stay charged to game stop, they will take them back for credit.
Make sure the turn a controller on at least for a second if they check it, Don't think they will take a Dead rechargeable (but as long as it turns it on.)

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
The Battery I use for my Macro Controller is fairly new. Not sure if it is holding a charge long as it should. Ill end up buying a new rechargeable for the Ragnarok, it is a gift.
If u take your old battery packs that don't stay charged to game stop, they will take them back for credit.
Make sure the turn a controller on at least for a second if they check it, Don't think they will take a Dead rechargeable (but as long as it turns it on.)

Not really sure why it wasn't working, might just be that it really wasn't fully charged like I said. I might try and do that then, it's only one battery pack on mine that I can't use anymore, the lights all light up for a split second then they shut down because the battery just drains the life out of itself even if it's not being used over a couple of hours time. Sucks lol. I still have 2 battery packs though now that I use.

EDIT: Just called Gamestop and they said they wouldn't take it =/ oh well lol

Last edited: