Problems connecting to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICP_Vlad

I got my Viking 360 macro controller just a few hours ago, after charging it I removed the charge and play pack and put in the battery pack, with fresh batteries, to hook it up to my PC and add in the macros that I've been messing with while I waited for my control to arrive. I open the Viking 360 macro editing software as the tutorial says, I then press start on my control and just like in the video 2 LED's light up. So far so good, so I plug my controller into the PC and all the LED's turn off. My computer (which runs XP SP2) then says it can't figure out what kind of device is being connected, so after I let it try and figure it out it simply says it can't and gives up without letting the controller connect. The Viking 360 macro editing software never even detects the control. I even tried all of this and clicking cancel when it asked to try and figure out what type of device the control is, same problem.

EDIT: Okay, I finally got it to figure out what the controller is. But now the Viking 360 software doesn't detect the controller, is it bad that the 2 LED's are Red, and not White?

Galen

could mean batteries are low, i often have the problem where the program does not detect my controller, my solution which always works is bassically to remove battery pack, put it back in and press start to turn on programming mode, then plug it back in. i often have to repeat this process 4-5 times (if battery is lower then about half) until it finally connects and then i can add the macros and everything works fine

ICP_Vlad

Wow, thank you so much for the input. That worked perfectly. (Took me about 20 tries, but it DID work!)

odingalt

Staff member
The less the battery is charged, the more the programming indication LED's will turn more red than white. With brand spanking new batteries the lights will be bright white, on a nearly dead set they'll be a dim red.

Also when plugging in the play-and-charge cable I've found I have to push the play-and-charge cable firmly into the controller to make a good connection and get detected by the software every time.

ICP_Vlad

Aw, dang. One of the Tac Switches on my controller got stuck pressed down. No more Left #2 Tac Switch for me I guess. Anyone have any idea how I could fix this? Other than that the control's perfect.

odingalt

Staff member
ICP_Vlad said:
Aw, dang. One of the Tac Switches on my controller got stuck pressed down. No more Left #2 Tac Switch for me I guess. Anyone have any idea how I could fix this? Other than that the control's perfect.

Submit a support ticket, arrange for a return so the staff can replace/repair the jammed tac. :-x I don't know any other ways to do it, usually a jammed tac has to do with something on the internals causing a problem which require opening up the controller - which you do NOT want to do :). Let our staff handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.