PS3 Ragnarok DIY chip

TecHunter

I submitted a ticket to support this week asking about the purchase of the PS3 diy chip. I was referred to rapidfirechips.com, and I ordered one. Only to find out that this is not a programmable chip like the ragnarok. This was ticket #LHB-13187, is their anyway to get a real ragnarok ps3 chip? or should I just have ordered the complete controller from you guys. I ordered the Xbox360 diy chip the same day and I just feel I wasted my money buying from rapidfirechips.com since its not programmable.
What are My options?

Keep up the good work guys. I think I was the first to create the DIY programmable rapid fire mod chip back in 2008 using the picaxe 08m it was called TecFire http://youtu.be/Rb3ZoPZf85o it was patented to at the time.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi,

I'm really sorry about that, we had a similar ticket the other day and I remembered to tell them that the DIY kit from them is not programmable. I went back into the ticket # you posted and sure enough we failed to mention this.

If you want to return the chip you bought to my, shop I can exchange it for a programmable chip. "One time only". I'm not sure exactly how my contract with the distributor works as far as distributing programmable modchips. I'll have to get with them and see if they are o.k. with us selling the programmable version of the modchip "Retail". I think the gist is they want to be able to distribute to modshops globally, I don't think they will care if we sell onesy-twosy on our website.

TecHunter

A bit of a set back since I was trying to get it before X-mas, yet this would be very nice of you if I could exchange it. I will contact you once I get it.

TecHunter

Still waiting on the PS3 chip, but I got the Xbox ragnarok from you guys yesterday. It looks like a quality chip, can't wait to install it.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for being a customer. The Ragnarok install is way more pain in the rear than the PS3 install. The PS3 install boils down to something like 10 wires plus 3 wires for the jack, no traces to cut. While the XBOX360 install is 18 wires plus 4 wires for the jack, ayy carramba, plus three traces to scrape.

We would love if you have a chance to stop by the DIY forum after you've had a chance to play with the XBOX DIY chip to let us know (and everyone else thinking about the install) any tips or tricks you learned along the way!

TecHunter

Thanks for being a customer. The Ragnarok install is way more pain in the rear than the PS3 install. The PS3 install boils down to something like 10 wires plus 3 wires for the jack, no traces to cut. While the XBOX360 install is 18 wires plus 4 wires for the jack, ayy carramba, plus three traces to scrape.

We would love if you have a chance to stop by the DIY forum after you've had a chance to play with the XBOX DIY chip to let us know (and everyone else thinking about the install) any tips or tricks you learned along the way!

Ok Odingalt, I will keep you guys posted. First i need to find a new Matrix2 controller, I just picked one up from walmart and its A CG2 board inside. Any Ideas of who sells them without me having to order one?

Not really afraid of the install, hell I use to mod PS2's and Xbox's. The PS2's were a alot worse than the xbox to mod, but i have great soldering skills, and a good soldering station to aid me. Wish me luck!

Fredrow

Ok Odingalt, I will keep you guys posted. First i need to find a new Matrix2 controller, I just picked one up from walmart and its A CG2 board inside. Any Ideas of who sells them without me having to order one?

Not really afraid of the install, hell I use to mod PS2's and Xbox's. The PS2's were a alot worse than the xbox to mod, but i have great soldering skills, and a good soldering station to aid me. Wish me luck!

Was the wireless controller you bought just one of the plain black wireless Xbox360 controllers that only comes with AA+ batteries?
Because if you bought one of the Special Edition controllers (MW3/Silver transforming D-pad/Play-n-charge combo packs/GOW3/Any controller with the new transforming D-pad) then it will be a CG2 PCB inside of the controller!!!

odingalt

Staff member
We ordered some from Provantage.com last week that were Matrix2. I'm worried that microsoft may be going back to CG2. We will be developing a flex-board type modchip for CG/CG2 that will have the Ragnarok software on it. (This is news to me as of this morning)

TecHunter

Was the wireless controller you bought just one of the plain black wireless Xbox360 controllers that only comes with AA+ batteries?
Because if you bought one of the Special Edition controllers (MW3/Silver transforming D-pad/Play-n-charge combo packs/GOW3/Any controller with the new transforming D-pad) then it will be a CG2 PCB inside of the controller!!!

Yes it was the plain black on black with the AA batteries. I guess im off to best buy in the morning! I'll keep you guys posted on what I find.

Last edited:

TecHunter

We ordered some from Provantage.com last week that were Matrix2. I'm worried that microsoft may be going back to CG2. We will be developing a flex-board type modchip for CG/CG2 that will have the Ragnarok software on it. (This is news to me as of this morning)

Well I hope so, cuz it seems its going to be a witch hunt tracking down this Matrix2 type. Is it possible to make the Ragnarok Universal?

TecHunter

Thanks Fredrow, BestBuy did have them. I anyone is looking for one go to bestbuy, although they did have CG2 and Matrix2, The matrix2 has a price tag on the shelf near the controller that lists the model number. The model number on the tag is BF4-00014, thats the one you want, happy hunting!!!!!!!!!!

TecHunter

Finally I got the PS3 chip from gammingmodz, I will be sending it to you Monday odingalt.

I also had a chance to install The Xbox360 Ragnarok chip, install went pretty well i must say. Take a look!

IMAG0050.jpgIMAG0052.jpgIMAG0051.jpgIMAG0053.jpg

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Your wire from D7-1 and the wire from D18-1 might end up getting "pinched" when you close up the shell. Try to move them so they run flush with the white plastic trigger assembly piece. If you look at the other half of the shell you'll see a thing that looks like this

[----------]

It's like a support piece in the plastic, anyway that sits sort of around the black microprocessor on the microsoft circuit board but might pinch your wires. I don't see any others that should get pinched. Just a friendly headsup in case your mod works one minute but stops working the next, sometimes it takes a couple of days for those wires to fail when they are under pressure :) Otherwise looks like it's ready to rock!

TecHunter

Your wire from D7-1 and the wire from D18-1 might end up getting "pinched" when you close up the shell. Try to move them so they run flush with the white plastic trigger assembly piece. If you look at the other half of the shell you'll see a thing that looks like this

[----------]

It's like a support piece in the plastic, anyway that sits sort of around the black microprocessor on the microsoft circuit board but might pinch your wires. I don't see any others that should get pinched. Just a friendly headsup in case your mod works one minute but stops working the next, sometimes it takes a couple of days for those wires to fail when they are under pressure Otherwise looks like it's ready to rock!

Thanks for the heads up, i will do that!
I will say that the chip is working great, I really like only having to use one trigger too fire akimbo weapons. Great programming Odingalt!
I am in the process of testing this out for the ACR and would like to know the fastest SPS i can use and still keep recoil in check. Anyone have any info? Also what are you guys using for the Type 95

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
The type 95 is hard to determine, I tried some of the same speeds I was using when testing for the MK14 and I got it to fire at a faster rate than if you were to normally keep pulling the trigger. Now that I'm pretty much done with the MK14 speed I'll look into the Type 95 and try some numbers out. I was going to do testing on this gun next anyway because this was the next weapon I was going to try and get gold camo for (almost have gold for MK14). I always loved the famas and M16 in MW2 but in MW3 the M16 sucks and the Type 95 was difficult at times for me to use.

TecHunter

The type 95 is hard to determine, I tried some of the same speeds I was using when testing for the MK14 and I got it to fire at a faster rate than if you were to normally keep pulling the trigger. Now that I'm pretty much done with the MK14 speed I'll look into the Type 95 and try some numbers out. I was going to do testing on this gun next anyway because this was the next weapon I was going to try and get gold camo for (almost have gold for MK14). I always loved the famas and M16 in MW2 but in MW3 the M16 sucks and the Type 95 was difficult at times for me to use.

Great im looking forward too your results! What did you come up with for the MK14? I just unlocked it!

The type 95should be about 5 sps without rapidfire. The burst delay is 0.2 seconds.

Thanks PS3andCOD, that info will be useful!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I've been using 8.2 SPS with the Rapidfire Attachment on (I think you unlock that at weapon rank 10). Without the attachment, odin said that 7.3 worked very well.

TecHunter

Hi,

I'm really sorry about that, we had a similar ticket the other day and I remembered to tell them that the DIY kit from them is not programmable. I went back into the ticket # you posted and sure enough we failed to mention this.

If you want to return the chip you bought to my, shop I can exchange it for a programmable chip. "One time only". I'm not sure exactly how my contract with the distributor works as far as distributing programmable modchips. I'll have to get with them and see if they are o.k. with us selling the programmable version of the modchip "Retail". I think the gist is they want to be able to distribute to modshops globally, I don't think they will care if we sell onesy-twosy on our website.

Chip is in the mail Odingalt, I hope you get it fast!

TecHunter

Just wondering if anyone knows if this replacement chip has shipped yet? I sent the one that Oldingat had me send in, and it was delivered last Thursday. Just wanted to get an update!