PS3 Ragnarok in first gen shell

1tonpete

This is my personal PS3 controller. It is currently in stage 1 . Soon to have led mods added. Mods for now include:
1st gen smoked clear shell w matching smoked clear buttons. 1 stick broke so I have to order more smoked sticks. This controller had a single trigger rf mod already that was removed for the rag install. To accomplish the swap I had to swap over the button film from the newer controller and the board. I kept the trigger internals and swapped over newer led display. this had to be done to line up the leds properly. But the old version had a separate piece that blocked the led light from coming through the controller , but on newer versions the blocker is part of the controller shell. This had an interesting side effect. The leds now show on the front of the controller. So onto pics and videos. Sorry for the video quality , as I didn't have a camera man to help.
[video=youtube_share;xg0XRcZqWqw]http://youtu.be/xg0XRcZqWqw[/video]

1tonpete

Sorry for the double post but it wont let me upload any more images.
th_IMG_20130313_112652_zps13936f74.jpg

I miss cut the programming jack a lil.

Pete why not just use the current PS3 Controller? Also no reloading and basicaly god mode? I assume its the lobby, i still dont know how u would even do that.

1tonpete

I did it this way 1 for the challenge and 2 because I love the first gen shells, all smoked clear. I had plans for the rag when I got it for special leds , thats why I chose the first gen shell.
When I am done it will all be clear why I chose to do it this way.
The gameplay was offline modded zombies. I have CFW on my PS3 . I do not play BO online , only MW3. BO and CFW=BAN . On the PS3 w CFW modding games is pretty common. All you have to do is replace a file or 2 in the game folder. I usually keep an original version of the game on hdd also, but for BO and BO2 since treyarc are CFW haters, I dont go online with it so there is no need for original game files. Even if you are not running any mods, if Treyarc detects CFW your console gets banned instantly.
I was in the mood to test and kill some zombies. Gotta love god mode and no reload.
Thanks Matt for the support.

Last edited:

1tonpete

Also forgot to add its got an 900mah battery swapped in. Stock they come with 570-700mah. This is something I do to all my personal controllers.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8484 this is my next battery trick. maybe not right away.
Its got a Gears of war skull behind the clear home button. it used to light up on my first version of this controller.
link for mod
I'll try and find a pic or a video thats got the back light w the skull. It was hooked to RF.

Last edited: