Purple chip diy

Krier023

Useful Poster
I see that now you are selling the complete line of legacy controllers. Odin how likely do you think it is that you will start selling the ole purple chip again? ;) It would be cool to get this diy section back like when Blackburn, Fredrow, and gameroms aka scamroms were making some pretty sick customs all the time.

odingalt

Staff member
We are having winter storms up here that are delaying shipment of my stencil and PCB's for the legacy chips! Also the purple chip isn't purple any more it's green lol :-(. China shuts down for the Chinese new year, I went with a US outfit who could get it done in short turn around and without breaking my wallet, but they only offered green.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah up in Maryland here we got some pretty good winter weather too. Couple inches of snow, sleet, and rain . Do you plan on actually selling the legacy chip by itself though? It's always been purple how can you change it lol

Fredrow

Yeah up in Maryland here we got some pretty good winter weather too. Couple inches of snow, sleet, and rain . Do you plan on actually selling the legacy chip by itself though? It's always been purple how can you change it lol

Sounds like the same storm we had made its way towards you!!! Washington State issued a 'State of Emergency' in the greater Seattle area and all the burbs around Seattle there were 280,000 places that lost they're power. My power went out twice!!! LOL..... Woke-up Thursday at 6am to no power then the power came back on Friday at 3pm then went out again at that same night at 8pm and stayed out until midnight!!! Plus there was so much snow and ice on the roads and in my neighborhood that I couldn't even get 03' Eclipse Spyder out to even go anywhere!!! hahaha.....

Then on top of all that, the storm even affected my new job (which I haven’t even started yet!!!) I was suppose to start work this coming Monday the 23rd but because of the storm which knocked out Microsoft's power & IP-phone lines, they weren’t able to create my Microsoft employee account or create my ID badge so they pushed my start date back to next Monday the 30th!!! Ugh, I really thought that we wouldn’t even have any winter weather this year. But that darn storm came outta no where!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Does anybody remember what the retail price of the old purple DIY chips was before we pulled them off the site?

odingalt

Staff member
Old purple Viking360 site from a couple years ago. You wanna buy some purple cheeeps?

haVOC1787

When I bought mine a few years back they were $29.99 Then i think you had to go up on them because increase in how much to produce them.