Question: How do I wire an led to light with rapidfire

bverbics

Hi Everyone,
Just ordered the mod kit from Fredrow... very excited. Anyway I would like to know if anyone can tell me how to wire an extra led to my controller and have it light when rapidfire is enabled. This way I'll know when it 'is on. I will probably mount it right in the dome. I'm new to modding but have read some tutorials and am thinking that I would wire the positive leg to one side of an apropriate resistor (use led calculator) and then wire the other side of the resistor to V on the chip and then wire the negative leg of the led to a ground. Am I correct? If not can you please help?

Thanks

Ben

Well you should work out the resister needed then wire the positive side of your LED's to either K or L depending which one you want as what colour and the negative to any negative.

bverbics

Ben,
Thank you for your reply.
I guess I'm a little confused. If I wire the led to the player 3 or player 4 contact will it light up when I turn on rapid mode and turn off when not in rapidfire mode?
If so, then great I'll give it a try. Your suggestion is much apreciated.
I'm attaching a picture of what I think you are telling me to do.
Can you please take a look and let me know if I'm on track?

Thanks

bverbics

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW,
Thank you for replying.
Yes, I would like to add an extra led to indicate when I'm in rapidfire mode. I have not received the chip yet so maybe I'm a little on the ignorant side... LOL.
I want to know when I've enabled rapidfire mode so I figured I would just install an extra led and glue it under the dome and wire it to light up with rapidfire and be off when not using rapidfire.
Problem is... I don't know how to wire it.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

bverbics said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW,
Thank you for replying.
Yes, I would like to add an extra led to indicate when I'm in rapidfire mode. I have not received the chip yet so maybe I'm a little on the ignorant side... LOL.
I want to know when I've enabled rapidfire mode so I figured I would just install an extra led and glue it under the dome and wire it to light up with rapidfire and be off when not using rapidfire.
Problem is... I don't know how to wire it.
No problem....so you want to set it up like hazers....but do you want a raven/hammer/tyrs hand? Because you need 2 LEDs hooked up

Ben

That looks right, and then you need the same for point L, obviously it can be a different colour if you want.

modded matt

your diagram is correct for an additional led, obviously you need one for each terminal (k &L) they can be different colors, but when doing so, remember that different color leds generally have different FV so you will need a diferent resistor for each different color led.

IrishStyle

If you use 0603 smd's you don't need to worry about resistors is you order the 3v voltage. The light up the guided button just as well as a standard led.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

IrishStyle said:
If you use 0603 smd's you don't need to worry about resistors is you order the 3v voltage. The light up the guided button just as well as a standard led.
yes it would be easier and it would fit under the dome too

bverbics

Thanks to everyone for all your input.

Set up like hazers... never heard of that but sounds cool.
I'm going to mod the controller to be a Raven, and just to elaborate, I'm not trying to use the led as a player indicator.

I'll tell ya what, modding is fun!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

bverbics said:
Thanks to everyone for all your input.

Set up like hazers... never heard of that but sounds cool.
I'm going to mod the controller to be a Raven, and just to elaborate, I'm not trying to use the led as a player indicator.

I'll tell ya what, modding is fun!
hazer is the person over at acid mods that created open source RF.....Matt runs the site over there

Ben

Hazer is known through out the modding world. Most serious modder's know of him as he has released numerous open source RF code's for the masses.

bverbics

IrishStyle said:

HaHa
Funny thing is...I purchased 0603 smd leds by accident.
I'll give em a try.

Thanks