Questions about the viking controller

ThatGuy105

had some questions before thinking about buying this at a super expensive price and want to make sure that it can do the things i want it to do the most.

1.Can this controller macro cancel? like i push the macro button to do a air combo in a fighting game but missed or doing one of king's multigrab throws in tekken 6 but the opponent breaks out of the combothrow. can i cancel it out instead of it trying to finish the macro command? this feature would be extremely useful for the upcoming marval vs capcom 3 game.

2.Can it Autofire macros by holding the selected button down?

3.Can i AFK level with it for RPG games such as phantasystaruniverse? can i set a macro to automatic mode that doesn't need button presses?

4.how durable is the controller? i dont want to buy a $200-$300 controller only for it to break after the warranty expires. i've been reading around and it seems alot of people are having problems with their controllers.

5.Can i assign macros,autofire, and autofire macros to any button on the controller?

6.Can the direction pad and joystick's directions be modded with macros?

7.If it can't do any of the above i asked can the firmware be upgraded to do those things?

macro canceling and autofiring macros are the most important features to me. a controller like this can be used at its full potential in fighting games that require a lot of fast commands like tekken 6, streetfighter, MVC3 ect. not too interested in getting this only for call of duty. it really takes no skills to play that game so i really want to make best use of it in fighting games and games with hard command moves. :geek: :geek: :ugeek:

NYjetsNY1

1.Can this controller macro cancel? like i push the macro button to do a air combo in a fighting game but missed or doing one of king's multigrab throws in tekken 6 but the opponent breaks out of the combothrow. can i cancel it out instead of it trying to finish the macro command? this feature would be extremely useful for the upcoming marval vs capcom 3 game.

Yes. At the end of feb, the new software will let you, or currently to cancel a macro you just switch pages. When the new software comes out, you can just set it to loop and stop on the next press.

Yes.

3.Can i AFK level with it for RPG games such as phantasystaruniverse? can i set a macro to automatic mode that doesn't need button presses?
When the new software comes out by the end of Feb, you can have the controller loop forever.

4.how durable is the controller? i dont want to buy a $200-$300 controller only for it to break after the warranty expires. i've been reading around and it seems alot of people are having problems with their controllers.
Had it since october, looks brand new, no scratches wears or tears yet... beautiful controller.

5.Can i assign macros,autofire, and autofire macros to any button on the controller?
Of course!

Yes sir!

7.If it can't do any of the above i asked can the firmware be upgraded to do those things?
All of the above it can do!

macro canceling and autofiring macros are the most important features to me.
It can do both!
a controller like this can be used at its full potential in fighting games that require a lot of fast commands like tekken 6, streetfighter, MVC3 ect. not too interested in getting this only for call of duty.
Check the macro library. There are multiple macros for streetfighter as well as mortal kombat!

odingalt

Staff member
A lot of good questions I wanted to jump in and put in my two cents as well to make sure we've answered everything accurately, don't want to lead you to buy if this controller doesn't do what you need it to do!

ThatGuy105 said:
had some questions before thinking about buying this at a super expensive price and want to make sure that it can do the things i want it to do the most.

No :-(. Not yet. Bookmark our site and watch the software downloads page for updates. We are working on adding additional flexibility when the macro is playing back. We're calling this 'macro loop options'. There will be five different ways of replaing macros. In one such method, you will be able to program the tac switch so the macro will play while you are holding it down.... when you release the tac switch the macro will cancel. Another method will start playing the macro when you tap the tac switch (but will keep looping the macro forever...) until you tap it again to cancel. As you can imagine this gets pretty hard to implement, we're still working on the firmware and we're not to beta testing yet. But bookmark us and check back in about a month!

ThatGuy105 said:

I think the answer to this is yes. Maybe you can describe how it would be used we can give you a definite answer.

ThatGuy105 said:

See answer on number 1. The short answer is no. The long answer is, yes, after we get the 'macro loop options' feature released.

ThatGuy105 said:

It's the same durability as a stock controller. We cover the controller from manufacturer's defects in the stock controller, defects in our modchip and modchip installation (and tac switches, LED add-on board, etc.) for 90 days from purchase. We've seen customers wear out their modded controllers, some in 6 months, some in 18 months. Depends on how much you play and how strong your hands are.

ThatGuy105 said:

Yes, BUT, the 'original' button press will still be recognized by the game. For example you can assign a macro to your right bumper. But when you press the right bumper, the game will play right bumper and also the macro you assigned to right bumper.

ThatGuy105 said:

You can use the d-pad and joysticks when creating new macros. You can initiate playback of a macro with the d-pads, however you can't initiate playback of the macros using the joysticks. I.e. you have to assign macro playback to a button. But you can use everything on the joystick include analog joystick and analog triggers in your macros, including varying level of sensitivity. I.e. if you want a half or 1/4 trigger press you can put that in the macro.

ThatGuy105 said:

:) See 1 and 3

ThatGuy105 said:
macro canceling and autofiring macros are the most important features to me. a controller like this can be used at its full potential in fighting games that require a lot of fast commands like tekken 6, streetfighter, MVC3 ect. not too interested in getting this only for call of duty. it really takes no skills to play that game so i really want to make best use of it in fighting games and games with hard command moves. :geek: :geek: :ugeek:

I think the feature that would help you the most will be the macro loop option where the macro plays so long as you are holding the tac switch, it will cancel playback when you release the tac switch. Again, not implemented yet! Bookmark us and check back for software update in about a month.

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I didn't even read your post first :) figured I would just jump in, sometimes these things are hard to answer. I think the Viking can't do EVERYTHING everybody wants but it definitely has more potential than the rest, we really need to get the macro looping features released or we are going to have a mutiny on our hands. In this case I think the Viking will work well for the fighting games the way the customer describes PROVIDED he doesn't purchase yet until we can get the macro looping feature released.

ThatGuy105

Thanks for answering all my questions. looks like i will be getting this controller sometime in the near future. it really does seem like an Ultimate controller. will there be a PS3 version of this controller anytime soon?

NYjetsNY1

ThatGuy105 said:
Thanks for answering all my questions. looks like i will be getting this controller sometime in the near future. it really does seem like an Ultimate controller. will there be a PS3 version of this controller anytime soon?

A PS3 controller from this company will be coming soon, but I don't think as advanced as the xbox 360 controller for a long time.