Quick Question on the Viking Macro...

HopeAndLove

I have found a few used viking macro controllers for sale but I still have a Quick Question about them before i make any Decisions. I take insanely good care of all my things including controllers and my key player my xbox 360. But I play a lot of Call of duty and that really destroys my controllers sprint and knife Functions from the constant hold of the button. If i ever get a viking macro would it be possible to move the Mod chip and wires and stuff to a different controller or is it stuck like when you First put it in thanks guys For helping me out :)

bonefisher

Yes it would be possible to move the mod chip and stuff to a new controller long as the circuit board is compatible to the chip!

bonefisher

If you never soldered before I wouldn't advise to start your practice on that! Send it to Modded Matt to do! Let an expert do it! he is very reasonable in price!

HopeAndLove

Thanks for the Help Bonefisher If anything does happen and i get one i will Probably ask Matt to do it if i have the money. By the Way how come Viking stopped making the Macro I would imagine it was because price of the controller and ModChip and stuff? Thanks :) Sorry to ask by the way so many questions.

odingalt

Staff member
Be wary the used Viking Macro. A common theme seems to be "hey I bought this but it doesn't work, can I send it in to get fixed". See if it works first.

modded matt

Macro chips are like gold these days. If your macro chip or LED board have issue, its done throw it away. I have one left I am saving for an special mod requests. (it will be costly as it is the last one) If your sticks drift or buttons are bad, 50/50 on whether or not the clip come off and goes onto a new controller correctly.

HopeAndLove

Dang I have already Purchased one for like 100$ So if something happens to it. Its like impossible to fix im guessing? How long do Average modchips for the Macro last for? Thanks for the Help guys By the way :)

JIM WALKER

Dang I have already Purchased one for like 100$ So if something happens to it. Its like impossible to fix im guessing? How long do Average modchips for the Macro last for? Thanks for the Help guys By the way :)

There is no way to say how long a chip will last, its like saying, how long is a piece of string, I have used one of my macros for 3yrs (5000 hrs+) and its still working perfectly, good luck with your purchase, hope it lasts forever ... mind you, you could have had one for $70 shipping and in perfect condition !!!!!!!!!

i recently sold my macro due to going to xbox one, i bought it in 2011 and it worked as good as the day i bought it, i think the reliability of viking is second to none if your controller has been looked after you should have no problems, i will definately be buying viking for my xbox one.

HopeAndLove

Yes Im Sorry for the Whole Controller thing Jim I learned a Valuable lesson :) Im just Worried to have Such a Good Controller and so Expensive because I take Very Good care of my Stuff but I also play a lot of Call of duty and Minecraft on Xbox which Destroys the Knife button And Sprint button from all the Pushing Thanks for the Advice guys I am hoping to learn how to mod and I can make a Ragnarok controller with the mod Chip so I can use that for my main controller and not have to worry about destroying my Macro :)