Quick Question

mlongo3

Can i add tactical switches to my thors hammer, can i desoder "f" from the sync n just ground new tactical switches n just soder the wire on the tactical switch...does anyone know what i mean?

Fredrow

i hate to do this to you, but can you PLEASE next time post htis is the correct forum....... But to answer your question if you wanted to know if you can replace the SYNC button with a tact switch, well the answer is yes.....

mlongo3

ohh my bad i didnt know where to post so yeah. well anyways thanks im most likely gonna do that
thanks..ohh and please move topic where its suppost to be

mlongo3

thors hammer sync

ok i was asking around on the forums if you could switch the sync button to a tactical switch. i've been told that you could. so i can do this i need to know now if i can just get wire that is connected to the sync button and just wire it to the tactical without grounding? if anyone knows what i am talking about..help

IrishStyle

Re: thors hammer sync

mlongo3 said:
ok i was asking around on the forums if you could switch the sync button to a tactical switch. i've been told that you could. so i can do this i need to know now if i can just get wire that is connected to the sync button and just wire it to the tactical without grounding? if anyone knows what i am talking about..help

Yes you can take the wire that is soldered to the sync button and attach it to a tactile switch. The tactile switch does need to be grounded, either to the ground on the PCB or the ground on the chip.

Merged your other topic into this one.

mlongo3

i got a tact. switch but it has two prongs..do i soder the wire to both or just one?
sorry for all this questions im kinda new when it comes with messin with the chip.

IrishStyle

Hard to tell from that pic what type of tact that is. But usually you just solder the sync wire to one contact and a ground to the other. Orientation of the wires should not matter as far as which side is ground and such.

I have horrible luck, so hopefully he doesn't have the luck of this mick.

mlongo3

ok. i have decided im gonna make my thors into a duo. so now i just want to know where do i ground the tact switches...on the empty spaces on the viking chip.
GetAttachment.aspx

IrishStyle

mlongo3 said:
ok. i have decided im gonna make my thors into a duo. so now i just want to know where do i ground the tact switches...on the empty spaces on the viking chip.
GetAttachment.aspx

Your going to have to cross reference both sets of instructions to upgrade. I believe its 5 to 6 wires that need to be moved around. You can run multiple wires to a single ground if that's what your getting at.

mlongo3

just want to thank Ben and Irish for helping me. thanks i appreciate it. I got my controler to work with the tact switches.

-mlongo3

mlongo3

I got everything to work perfectly..but i wanted to charge my controller while playing. but since i have the PNC option for duo i wanted to just rewire those wire from D+,D- to the 3.5mm jack. I bought one today but it doesnt look anthing like the one on the installation pinouts in the forums..so could anynone help me with this 3.5mm jack that i got?
Heres a picture.

-Thanks