Ragnarok chip

Snuffy

I see where the ragnarok chip is now for sale. I think I may get one just to have around as a spare.

Does the newer wired MS controllers have either of the CG boards? Just wondering if a wired can be modded.

Snuffy

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
U wont be able to use that chip on any wired controller. If u get a new wireless controller id say the chances of getting a cg2 board is about 95%. and if not u can always return the controller and just say u boght it for your kid and it was the wrong color or something.

Last edited:

Snuffy

Thanks for the quick answer. I have got all my parts for the hazer chip to put in my old matrix!

Can a wired controller be modded at all?

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

I was able to mod my wired controller with the chip that matt sent u but it wasent able to connect to the leds so i had to improvise and use 3.5mm leds from radio shack also i had to use a voltage reader to find out where to run power to the chip and the pinouts are different so u have to know what your looking at to wire everything but short anwser yes they are modible.

odingalt

Staff member
Snuffy

I'm not sure I haven't cracked open a wired controller to see if it's just a matter of figuring out the connections or if it would require the software to be modified.

In wireless controllers like brian said your odds are to get a CG2 but I've been wrong in the past. If you buy a "Special edition" like silver, halo, etc. those have been CG2 for almost 2 1/2 years now. The only ones that have gone back-and-forth between cg2 and matrix1 and matrix2 have been the plain black controllers.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

hey odin I noticed your selling the new cg2 ragnarok chips. Quick question are they pre loaded with the v1.5 software and did u figure out the whole cross matrix cg2 software thing! I diffidently will be buying some more chips very soon. Im super stoked now!

odingalt

Staff member
Yes they are preloaded with v1.5. We have the new firmware-updater coming out this weekend that will automatically detect whether your controller is a matrix2 or a cg2 and will only let you load the correct driver for your circuit board type.

odingalt

Staff member
I have one down at the shop but it's not production ready, for example, as soon as you pop in the batteries the mod starts running the button test (but if you haven't powered on the controller it's going to read a bunch of false button presses). Needs to be fixed before distributing to the public.