Rapidfire stopping

ikeni

hey,

been playing with my controller for a couple of days now and rapidfire keeps stopping.

sometimes it'll work and sometimes it wont. i have to take out battery pack and put it back in for it to happen. used three different packs as well.

am i doing something wrong? in the macro editing software i just added the rapidfire to the right trigger and exported it to the folder as that's all i really use for this game, do i need to do something else?

i'm so noob its hurting my brain.

odingalt

Staff member
We have seen an issue with some customers where rapidfire on the right trigger doesn't work at all. Usually it just never works out of the box. I'm hoping this is not your issue. If it is, it would require us to replace the XBOX360 circuit board inside the controller. However I have plans this week to work on changing up the sensitivity levels on the modchip to work with a broader range of microsoft circuit boards.

In other words what I'm saying is that Microsoft doesn't produce any two controller circuit boards exactly the same, maybe if I give a little more room on the sensitivity setting on our modchip, it'll fix your problem.

I will send you a PM to try to get your e-mail address. In the meantime someone else might chime in with some suggestions you can try, because maybe I am just on the wrong track with your problem.

NYjetsNY1

Here is the next thing to try!

Go into a private match on MW2 or black ops, or mw3. Use a semi-auto. (and make sure this .vks is on your controller)

Make sure you have fresh, new AA batteries. Read below, and if something doesn't work, tell me.

Press RT1 to change pages.

Page 1 - RED.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 2 - GREEN.

Hold RT to rapid-fire.

Page 3 - BLUE.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - blue color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 4 - YELLOW.

Toggle Rapidfire with the LT1.

1 LED should turn on - yellow color. I believe it is LED 2-4. Most likely 4.

Page 5 - PINK/PURPLE

HOLD LT2 to rapid-fire. No RT on this page.

Let me know what works, what doesn't so I can go from there.

Attachments

• TESTER(1).vks
    26.6 KB · Views: 5

ikeni

thanks for the quick replies.

yes i hope it doesnt need to be sent back as i have been ahving so much fun when it does work lol

i will try what Jets posted and will get back to you guys asap.

ikeni

okay so i ran jets test.

Basically RED worked.

GREEN, BLUE and YELLOW did not work.

PINK/PURPLE worked

I then ran the test through a second time.

RED did not work. so i took the battery pack out and popped it back in and RED worked.

GREEN BLUE YELLOW did not work even when battery pack was taken out and put back in.

PINK/PURPLE worked perfectly

then after the end of it using PINK/PURPLE i toggled back to RED and REd did not work. yet if I toggle back to PINK/PURPLE and use the LT2 trigger PINK/PURPLE works. something wrong with my RT?

ikeni

also it seems sometimes if i die, RED will work again.

Then again, sometimes when I die, RED Still doesnt work :s

NYjetsNY1

Yeah, there's a problem with your controller. Mine works on all of it. You'll have to make a support ticket and send it back.

ikeni

Alright, last update.

I ran it again, just to double triple check

RED worked. GREEN worked, then didn't. BLUE worked when toggled, YELLOW did not work when toggled PINK/PURPLE worked perfectly

the only one that has worked fine on every single run through without taking out battery pack and putting it back in is PINK/PURPLE

hope this helps

NYjetsNY1

Pink/Purple works but the rest doesn't work indicates a problem with the circuitboard. Looks like it'll need to be replaced.

odingalt

Staff member
I sent ikeni an experimental firmware to see if we get lucky and can fix the problem through firmware. It was late here when I sent it so waiting on the time change to see if it helped or not.

ikeni

hey, yeah i tried the firmware.

it didn't help unfortunately :(

still exactly the same even with the firmware so I guess i'm going to have to get it fixed

odingalt

Staff member
One thing nobody asked. Are you using the cd-rom software? Because it is chock full of bugs and it corrupts macros. If so, please download the latest software off the website.

ikeni

oh **** i am using the Cd-rom software. but i updated it? does that matter or do i need to completely re install the downloaded version?

ikeni

yeah downloaded new software and tried JETS test.

Exactly the same problems :( I asked in the ticket what i do to send it back in and where we go from here but no response yet. hopefully this gets sorted soon

NYjetsNY1

i believe u hit the nail on the head. I now for certain im an obsessive button pusher and the knife has always been my downfall(again, im a button pusher).Which brings me to this question. Is their any way to disable the RS push so that no matter how much i mash the RS it will not knife? That has always been a dream of mine...LOL

Well you have an option. You can completely disable the RS on a page. But then you can never knife (unless you switch pages).

Or you can switch to tactical. Problem solved. RS pushing isn't an issue then.