Rapidfire with tact switches

Itz CHARLEY

Odingalt, can you add an option to shoot rapid fire when you push the tact and shoot normal on the triggers. I know this would cause a problem with switching modes but couldn't you make a combination of buttons change the modes? Firing on the right tact can be really useful when you don't want to constantly be toggling rapid fire on and off.

ian_tweed

I agree. I use Alternate Mode 8 for this, but I'd like it to be customisable.

Ideally I'd like the editor to have selectable speeds for rapid fire on the right tac and the left tac switches, with the right trigger for firing normally.

The ability to fire normally is very important for some games (e.g Halo 3/Reach) where some guns need you to hold down the trigger for weapon lock etc, and so I always use rapid fire on the right tac switch. Having another rapid fire option for the left tac would give even greater flexibility.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That might be hard for changing modes. But I guess you could possibly change modes more like a sleeper, the tac and trigger etc.

ian_tweed

Any news on when we might see this update?

It will be essential for anyone wanting to use their Viking for Halo: Reach, as many of Reach's guns need the trigger to be held down. So, for Reach at least, having right trigger as normal fire is essential -meaning that the tacs need to be used for rapid.

In fact, my ideal Reach set up would be:

Right trigger: normal fire
Right Tac: rapid fire, maximum speed (tuned to Reach, obviously)
Left Tac: rapid fire, slower speed (as some of Reach's guns are more accurate if fired slower).

Ideally, right and left tacs should be set up for adjustable rapidfire in the Editor.