Razor Onza

Mapludy

I am curious to know if the Viking 360 mod would work with the Razor Onza, something I would definitely be interested in purchasing if made available.

The possible capabilities of utilizing the Razor's included programmable tac shoulder buttons in addition to the included six from Viking is nearly drool worthy.

Seriously though, is this possible or have you considered the possibility?

obo

Fredrow is currently working on this with a viking360 legacy chip which can be seen on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3189

However, the Razor Onza won't work with the viking360 macro chip unfortunately, because of the way the Onza's circuit board is built :/ Sorry!

obo

No problem. I really wish that there could be a Viking360 Macro edition of the Razor Onza as well. It would pretty much make my life.

Basically it's possible for the legacy chip to connect to the Onza because the chip connects individually to each button on the circuit board. The Macro chip however, connects to the xbox360 controller circuit board by essentially piggybacking on to the back of it. The Onza has a different circuit board design than the original xbox360 controller though, so the only way for it to connect would be to design a completely new Viking360 chip :(

Voodoo

Have you tried using the Onza yet? I have one, and I honestly cannot wait for my Viking to arrive so that I can ditch it and still have extra buttons. I had the Madcatz Black Ops controller first, introduced me to extra buttons. Then I moved to the Onza, way better than the Black Ops one, but I didn't like that the extra buttons were on the shoulders, it's a great controller, buttons feel amazing, but the real issue I find with it is that the sticks are more difficult and depress more slowly. I love that the extra buttons allow me to bumper jump/knife, which anyone that uses tactical knows is an issue. I just don't like that trying to drop shot is more difficult/slower to get down or the aim is more likely to squirrel around from having to be pressed harder. That and, after playing for a while my thumb gets sore from mashing to sprint, if you're anything like me you know how often the sprint gets pushed. It's a beastly controller, and I am hoping they'll release a 2.0 or something that fixes the sticks, or not... My Viking will be here Monday, fingers crossed, and then I don't care what they do. lol

My 2 cents on the Onza.

JLIT

I actually have a Onza Tournament Edition and returned it for a couple reasons. First and foremost the triggers had little to no resistance and felt like a plastic toy. The original triggers on regular controller are far better made not to mention the Onza's size of the trigger pertruded way too much and only added to the "toy" feeling of the triggers". My second issue was that after tightening the restistance of the Thumb Sticks , over time it began causing my controller to glitch out and due to the resistance from the adjustable option, it actually was putting pressure on the XY grid randomly due to that tension. Don't get me wrong though, I loved the replacement ABXY buttons, those were kick ass. Everything else just sorta seemed to dissapoint me

Mapludy

Thanks for the follow up info JLIT, I'm sure browsers of this forum also appreciate your feedback about the buttons and tension controls.

odingalt

Staff member
JLIT said:
I actually have a Onza Tournament Edition and returned it for a couple reasons. First and foremost the triggers had little to no resistance and felt like a plastic toy. The original triggers on regular controller are far better made not to mention the Onza's size of the trigger pertruded way too much and only added to the "toy" feeling of the triggers". My second issue was that after tightening the restistance of the Thumb Sticks , over time it began causing my controller to glitch out and due to the resistance from the adjustable option, it actually was putting pressure on the XY grid randomly due to that tension. Don't get me wrong though, I loved the replacement ABXY buttons, those were kick ass. Everything else just sorta seemed to dissapoint me

Razer makes absolutely kick-ass PC gaming accessories (as I understand it - I've never actually bought one). It sounds like maybe struggling a little bit to hit the mark on the console side. I have to give it to MS, as much as I complain about their controllers, I haven't picked up any XBOX360 controllers that perform better than the stock XBOX360 controller (yet).

Maybe if you play with your Onza a couple more weeks it will grow on you??? If it does, let us know. If it still sucks, let us know. lol

powder

This is a big shame, as the 2 extra shoulder bumpers would be awesome for people like me with big hands. I know you have 6 tactical switches on the Viking but to me I struggle to use the ones on the back as they are 2 close together and I have big hands. Eg I go to hit R Tac 2 and hit R Tac 3.

As you add these buttons yourself how easy would it be to make a) the buttons bigger and b) slight further apart. Maybe have this as a custom option and payable at that!!

NYjetsNY1

Alright, we will take that in to consideration to have bigger tacs in the future / farther apart. I'll send the info to odingalt. Thanks for the suggestion.

Fredrow

This is a big shame, as the 2 extra shoulder bumpers would be awesome for people like me with big hands. I know you have 6 tactical switches on the Viking but to me I struggle to use the ones on the back as they are 2 close together and I have big hands. Eg I go to hit R Tac 2 and hit R Tac 3.

As you add these buttons yourself how easy would it be to make a) the buttons bigger and b) slight further apart. Maybe have this as a custom option and payable at that!!

The way V360 places there tact switches is really the only place to put them without adding more time into the installing portion of the equation. On a couple of the macro's I built I put all three tact switches on the bottom s**** and on another controller I think I put two sets of tact's on the top s**** with the other on the bottom s****. To be honest there really isn't that much room to work with to install tact switches and the controller is really just one big curve physically so that also plays a part into finding places to add the tact switches. Then you have wire running and all that good jazz....

The same thing goes for putting in bigger tact switches. All the same reason's apply. Also I know from my own experience not that much thought really goes into the tact switches side of things when your designing a controller mod-(if that makes sense!! LOL)...