Record and playback feature

djcdc

I have discovered that like Odinalt says,you can record for longer than 30 seconds on the controller and play it back. Its just if you try to transfer the macro to the PC, it will be too much for the software to handle. However, you can use this feature on the fly with the controller to help you automate something very tedious and allow you to loop it over and over by pressing a button. This can be longer than 30 seconds and it will playback fine. Say you have to do all this crazy stuff to finally get to the end of the level and a boss. If the boss kills you, then you have to repeat all of what you did to get back to the boss. So just record yourself playing one good run and then all you have to do is press a button and the game plays itself allowing you to get back to the boss as many times as you need. I used this feature for running through almost a whole time trial on Monsters VS. Aliens. This not only saves you frustration from having to get a perfect run over and over just to get to next point,, but it will also mean less hand and finger fatigue from doing that crazy sequence over and over again. I know a lot of us can relate to trying to beat something over and over and getting frustrated and mad. (can anyone say Mile High Club) I don't know what the max time is that you can record or how reliable the playback would be at a certain point. The possibilties are very fun to contemplate. Perhaps one of the Viking team can give us an exact number?

odingalt

Staff member
This works best so lon gas you don't use the analog sticks, I've found the "digital" buttons reproduce very well but the analog sticks (for racing games or 3D world games) you'll end up in a different spot on the playback on a long macro.