Remembering a lost face.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

where were you on 9/11? and whats your guys opinons of this new "freedom tower"? personally i think its stupid. we should deffinitally be rebuilding the twin towers....either way the 10 year anniversary is coming up in a few days. so please post your opinions on the new freedom tower and what you think should be done, and where you were. RIP to those people who lost there lives on september, 11th, 2001.

jojoenglish85

I don't think its stupid at all. You don't rebuild or attempt to rebuild an original structure over a sacred area. Instead you build something that would honor it's meaning to the people. "Freedom tower" is the perfect solution to show our respect and our dedication to those who died that day. We don't want to rebuild something to help us forget what happend there, we want to make it a landmark, so we will always remember what happend without a doubt in our heads to what that spot means to us all.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

I don't think its stupid at all. You don't rebuild or attempt to rebuild an original structure over a sacred area. Instead you build something that would honor it's meaning to the people. "Freedom tower" is the perfect solution to show our respect and our dedication to those who died that day. We don't want to rebuild something to help us forget what happend there, we want to make it a landmark, so we will always remember what happend without a doubt in our heads to what that spot means to us all.
they wernt going to rebuild the towers in the same exact spot...they were going to move them to the west slightly and leave the original locations as memorials...but keep going people! its all opinions

JIM WALKER

I am a Brit,my opinion is that they cannot build a big enough memorial for those amazingly brave and dedicated emergency personel and the poor innocent victims that died that day,just as important though are the families left without them!!!!! They at least now have a form of closure and an appropriate tribute for those lost,and I think the best place is on the site where they fell !!!!!! RIP

Krier023

Useful Poster
I was only like 5 years old when it happened, in first grade. I remember coming back to my class from lunch, and my teacher was crying with the tv on. as soon as we poured in she immediately turned the tv off. I knew something was wrong but they still tried to hide all of us from knowing. I think a freedom tower is an alright idea. Not great, but not terrible. I think if the twin towers were rebuilt though, even in a different spot, it would be about as vulnerable as it was before. Just my opinion though. Also this is kindof on track, but security in airports is pretty ridiculous. out of the 10 or so times I have had to go through security, I have been singled out 4 times(I am a 15 year old white kid) and 2 of those times they singled out an elderly woman with me. I know there is no racial profiling, but jeez.