Right paddle Tac switch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tate24

I'm having issues with my right paddle Tac switch. When I received the controller 5 months ago I noticed immediately that the right paddle Tac switch was not clicking like the left and was not as easy to press. I also noticed that the right paddle Tac switch was not sticking out as far as the left probably causing the issue along with the right thumb stick which is now not moving smoothly during game play. I tried it and it did work but now it's so sensitive and malfunctions turning on and off when I play. Has anyone had this issue with their Berserker? I didn't want to send it back right away as I waited 3 weeks to get it and now I'm paying the price for not doing so. Any suggestions or ideas of how much this will cost to fix? Also is it a 6 month warranty?

odingalt

Staff member
Hi there, my advice would be to rewind the clock back to when you purchased and send it back in for adjustment. At some point there was a change in the spacers used on the paddle switches and there was even a change in the tac switches and the location in which the holes are drilled for the tac switches (all in the name of improving consistency of the paddle switches). Go to viking360.com and put in a helpdesk ticket (either log into your account and click on helpdesk on the left hand side, or go to the contact-us page). Closing this thread (staff do not monitor this thread and it's a helpdesk issue, not so much a forums issue)

On warranty it was 6 months after the pre-order window - pre-order customers had 1 year. The help desk can look up your order and figure it out. (If you are in the warranty period they will re-work the paddle switches, it's hard to tell remotely what needs to be done but they'll know exactly what to do once it shows up and they can look it over to see if it's the latest type of installation -- if it's not then they'll update it)

odingalt

Staff member
FYI my advice to our techs would be to honor paddle switch hardware updating even outside the warranty period. Much in the same way we re-glued tac switches on XBOX 360 Macro even when they were out of warranty. In this case it's not a wear and tear issue as much as a bad design issue which we need to cover. Of course we had a guy send back paddle switches with the paddle switch actually broke off once... that we had to call wear and tear (I'm not sure what has to be done to actually break that plastic in half!)

Status
Not open for further replies.