Right Thumbstick Messing up.

Lunar

Ok, i bought a controller not too long ago, it was all working fine until yesterday. I was in a spiltscreen match with my brother and just randomly, the controller just kept turning the right thumbstick, right, even though the right thumbstick wasnt even being touched.
I managed to make it stop after resetting my 360, but it was till doing it untill i started another split screen match.

Today, its been doing it frequently. Ive managed to make it stop sometimes, but later on in a match or something it would randomly re-appear.

Does anyone know what possibly could be wrong? :(

Edit: After pressing buttons, ive found out that it only does it when i press the Guide Button (the button that takes you to your friends etc.)

Edit 2: It happens whenever im in a game, even if i havnt pressed the guide button at all. It only starts to happen at the menu when i press the guide button.

IrishStyle

Sounds like its sticking...try blowing it out with some compressed air....maybe something is stuck between the sticks and the shell.

Lunar

do you think? the thumbstick isnt even moved, its dead in the centre. Ill try what you said though

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds like it's time to contact the shop where you purchased it, the electrical tape or barrier on the back of the mod chip may be making contact with the right thumbstick.

Fredrow

odingalt said:
Sounds like it's time to contact the shop where you purchased it, the electrical tape or barrier on the back of the mod chip may be making contact with the right thumbstick.

So far so good.... It was weird all the kid had to do was erase the MOD chip then re-flash it with a new driver. He said it works great now....