RSS Feed

apcoop7

With all the new updates coming up for Viking I figured it might be nice to have an RSS feed? Shouldn't be too hard to add to this website and people wouldn't have to check back as often to see what's new. What do you guys think?

Oh and if you don't know what an RSS feed is...http://tinyurl.com/yljt27s

Fredrow

Who really knows besides Viking. They prop don't want to do a RSS fed because they might think it will cut down on traffic then if traffic gets cut down they will feel like no-one is coming to there sites and then it will put into there minds that they are not selling enough controllers. Also I think but I do not know; that the more traffic they get coming to the site helps them out in terms of search engine results meaning that they will gain better poll ratings and crap like that because of the hits there site brings in. But I do not know for sure, I'm still learning/have a whole bunch still to understand about websites and how they work in terms of gather information and how they use the information gathered from traffic through there site.....

apcoop7

Fredrow said:
Who really knows besides Viking. They prop don't want to do a RSS fed because they might think it will cut down on traffic then if traffic gets cut down they will feel like no-one is coming to there sites and then it will put into there minds that they are not selling enough controllers. Also I think but I do not know; that the more traffic they get coming to the site helps them out in terms of search engine results meaning that they will gain better poll ratings and crap like that because of the hits there site brings in. But I do not know for sure, I'm still learning/have a whole bunch still to understand about websites and how they work in terms of gather information and how they use the information gathered from traffic through there site.....

Ya true, that makes sense. It might cut down traffic, but it could also increase traffic. New macros/other features/product offers being RSSed to subscribers. Chances are the Viking users will come back more often if they subscribed. With all the changes to software too, I figured this tool might benefit viking users.

Blackburn

There is already a Twitter and Facebook page. We used to have an RSS feed, but it was never updated, so for now support for it was dropped.