Runes triggered by RT setting themselves off

sharkey

I'm experiencing a semi-frequent issue where runes that are activated by RT are executing. I believe it to be a software issue because if I disable the runes and reenable the issue stops. I'm 100% certain it's not accidental pressure as I've observed the issue even when the controller is at rest moving me around the xbox dash. In game it doesn't appear to actually activate the RT or even fire my gun however it will set off runes such as Drop shot for example causing me to randomly go prone.

Not a huge issue because it's fairly infrequent but thought I'd report it and see if there's any known issue of this or potential troubleshooting.

Edit: After looking into the runes that I know have executed themselves the common pattern appears to be they all are set to "Play Once". To my knowledge I haven't observed this behavior on any other runes except those that are trigger by RT and have a playback of "Play Once" however this may expand beyond runes triggered by RT

Last edited:

bonefisher

Make sure if your building a rapid fire for RT you take the trigger press out by clicking on each end of rune and feather the trigger press down to skinny end or it would go off. Now if your building for a tac for rapid fire leave at default to use. BTW I found a jitter for Rainbow. I'll touch it up after work today.

sharkey

Make sure if your building a rapid fire for RT you take the trigger press out by clicking on each end of rune and feather the trigger press down to skinny end or it would go off. Now if your building for a tac for rapid fire leave at default to use. BTW I found a jitter for Rainbow. I'll touch it up after work today.

The only rune I have that brings the trigger down to a full press is 5 Shot burst, as far as i know I cant do 5 shot burst without having it pull the trigger down. I'm still unclear on why it's firing itself off, is it because it is both activated by RT AND pulls down RT effectively looping itself to activate? If so what's the proper way to fix this. Should I do a half pull for the trigger pull instead of a full one?

And that's awesome you found jitter! I'm excited to see what you found. How do you like the game so far?

sharkey

Its public. Most my rapid fires are pretty standard. The only 2 things I can think to look at are the 5 round burst and possibly the quickscope because that also trigger pulls RT

[Sharkey] Rainbow Six Siege Pack - Page 2

bonefisher

Ok! Fixed your issue. I put back your pack under same name but FIXED at the end. Make sure to download and let me know so I take it off mine. Also take yours back out and fix issues. Thanks!

sharkey

Just took a look I really appreciate it, so few questions.

A. Whats the left stick click for in quick scope I saw it in one of your runes but didn't understand the use

B. The reason I had full trigger pulls in Burst is so that way I would be able to use it with a single trigger pull and release, the way you have it setup wouldn't it require the trigger to be held? My goal was to as close as possible recreate a vanilla burst fire mode where each trigger pull fires a burst.

C. Did any of the things you looked at look like they might be the culpirate for why I have runes randomly firing off with no controller interaction.

Let me know your thoughts.

( I'm also still anxiously awaiting news on that jitter :rolleyes:) I'm curious if I even came close to finding a method.

Last edited:

bonefisher

A.Ok you can take that left stick click out. Forgot that was a rune for rainbow. That would work great for BO3 which would be hold breath. Can't have it on RT because your messing with default press when your trying to bring out shot later.
B. You had the burst would fire random bullets if you had that on and you had the quick scope on all the time so it would fire back and fourth. lol! Yes the way it is set now you would hold. I can change it quick to full trigger press then you would just tap quick and it would finish firing out.

bonefisher

The method is Y-LB-Y and I have a good fast firing one now but trying to tighten up spread. Also found another method that I might have a tight spread on.

sharkey

I understand now, that all gives me a better understanding of how it's working behind the scenes. I actually completely forgot originally that I had a trigger pull in the quick scope I'm just going to remove the RT since i mostly just use the 'Quick scope' to go ADS when i start hipfiring.

You can go ahead and remove yours and I'll fix mine up when I'm off work.

sharkey

I'm going to play around with that method if you don't mind and see what I can come up. make sure to share it out when you finish yours! I'm still learning so I'm certain whatever you make will be better lol

The shotgun the FBI CTU has is considered the best but Im curious to see how the SAS pump shotgun would work with jitter

sharkey

nice job I tried it out, method works well.

The spread on it is harsh though, hopefully you can tighten it up :p

Last edited:

bonefisher

yeah think there will be a problem with the spread and will not get better until I find something new to tighten it up.

sharkey

Ive been playing around with it a bit in multiplayer and it is absolutely melts at close range however any farther than that its a dice roll. I've lowered the sps on my rune from what it was initially at aswell and that's helped make it controllable. I've found a few other methods in the process and am actively tinkering to see if I can tighten spread and lower recoil.

The FBI shotgun is insane though with jitter at 10.0 speed lol.. unloads a whole clip in a second

sharkey

It's hard to say whether its better or not but a couple of my jitter runes seem to have adifferent shot pattern than just Y - LB - Y. Theyre in my shared pack.. with the mac 11 I'm testing with it seems to shoot tighter groups with jitter #4 and jitter #5

Edit: alright ive kind of got something new... If you use my jitter #5 as an attacker then use both your drones (so you have none in inventory) and start firing, it gives a better jitter experience

1. You can see your gun and see where you're aiming
2. seems to have better control and spread

At the very least being able to see the gun is pretty helpful. The downsides are it only works for attackers and its clunky you have to use your drones.

Last edited: