Scammer list

crazy4christ

I was recently scammed by a guy whose name is Brandon Alkins. I first ordered to character from him like 3 weeks ago. He said he would not do a custom controller unless i payed first so i went ahead and payed him through pay pal. later that day he said his wife got into a car accident or so he said and he told me that he would ship it out in 1 week because he was having to wait on her hand and foot. Well 1 week went by and he said he sent it so i waited 3 days, still no controller so i messaged him back. He said that he didnt have any transportation to mail it so he would bum a ride off of someone and send it in 3 days. he than gave me a tracking code and told me that it shipped. I waited 3 days no controller and now he wont respond. Paypal was only able to get me 5$ back of my 200 that i sent him. so Watch out for any of these signs while your doing deals with people on line. Here are some message just showing you what they say.

Sent: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 am
To: crazy4christ

sorry i couldnt get back to you earlier, my wife was in a car wreck and ive been with her. so it might ship wednesday instead of tuesday if thats a issue then ill refund, my apologies. ( me being the nice guy that i am i told him that 1 more day was not a big deal, if i had known i would have gotten my money back!)

Re: BlackMagic LE 1 of 1 (WIP)
Sent: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:35 pm
by crazy4christ

Subject: BlackMagic LE 1 of 1 (WIP)

GAMEROMS wrote:
Shipping on 8-1-09

hey do you have a tracking code for it?

Sent: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:09 pm
by GAMEROMS

ill get it tonight when i get home.

Sent: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 pm
by crazy4christ

hey still no controller? im starting to get a little worried over here. if by tomorrow it doesnt come im opening a dispute on the money, if it comes ill take it off if not than atleast i have covered all of my bases. and im still waiting for that tracking code please

Sent: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:08 pm
by GAMEROMS

thats fine, i totally understand, but i had to travel 3hrs to lexington with the wife to have test ran to be sure everything was ok and we had to spend a couple days there, and i didnt get it out till tuesday. ill try to make it up to you for the delay. once again my apologies. and i totally understand the dispute and i would do the same if i was you so no worries there.

Sent: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 pm
by crazy4christ

Still no controller? whats going on?

Sent: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:02 am
by GAMEROMS

i know that life happens, and are only transportation is now been
totaled. now in havving to try to bum rides

is your tracking# 0302 1790 0002 3084 6001

Due to problems ive had with wife wreacking i want to refund you your shippiong cost

this will post saturdat 8th you have my word.

Sent: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:42 pm
by crazy4christ

hey man dont worry about refunding my shipping cost, considering your having to bum rides off people i would appreciate if you would keep it. Consider it a gift for you and your wife, plus it cost you alot more to make this controller than i payed for it.

These are just some of the messages that me and him send back and forth

odingalt

Staff member
crazy, if you could forward some of the PayPal dispute e-mails to me so I can verify the details of the dispute, I will re-imburse you the rest of the money you are out.

I would demand PayPal at least release his full name, address and telephone number. If PayPal isn't going to cover you, then they should at least provide you the details you need in case you wanted to take any kind of legal action - also I wouldn't mind at least knowing what town this guy lives in... I do travel from time to time.. (remember Jay n' Silent Bob?)

crazy4christ

hey od, its been a month and i still didnt get anymore money out of it, could you please reimburse me? I really want to get a controller from you guys but i cant cause i dont have any money for it

odingalt

Staff member
Was PayPal able to recover any more funds? As far as I could tell from 'private' conversations over at AcidMods, gameroms drained his PayPal account, then when you filed the dispute, his account went negative and they froze his account. I attached a .RAR file to this post. Inside the .RAR file is a .PDF file that is a print-out of the entire conversation at AcidMods. Judge for yourself...

What about sending you a freebie from us instead of transferring money back and forth?