send-ins

Iceg21

does viking have a send in option. b.c im thinking of getting a wireless scuf and wanted mods for it

Iceg21

how much would it cost and it being a scuf have you done those b4 idk how much different they are to a regular controller just guessing the back paddles are only thing?

modded matt

I have never worked with scuf controllers. The Viking chip will only work with wireless Microsoft controller motherboards. not compatible with wired.... if they have a wireless version and it can accept the Viking chip, your install will be $75 plus shipping. without seeing the controller, I cannot tell you if it will accept the chip or not.

odingalt

Staff member
No, we don't offer send in service. What you see on the site is the only thing we sell with our mods. We don't install third-party mods because it gets us into trouble - when we do work we have to provide a warranty. When you send in a pile of parts for us to install (or a competitor's controller) then you're asking us to warranty their work and their third-party stuff.

Just as soon as something goes wrong with all those mods stuffed into one controller, you'll blame us and then go post all over facebook and every gaming forum you can find about how terrible Viking is.

(Sorry, this is my experience, we've run into nothing but trouble with send-in service, so we'll never, ever be offering any sort of send-in service ever again. The bad press is not worth the $2.00 we make after spending a whole day on a custom controller if something goes wrong with it)

/endrant

Odingalt, are you guys looking into changing the tac-switches with the new model of the macro that you'll release for the Xbox One? I love my Xbox 360 macro controller, but hate having to press the tac buttons, and would love it if you guys implemented something like paddles (or other such buttons).

Also, one last question (as I realise you don't want to release too much information about your plans), but can we expect a new macro controller soon after the release of the Xbox One, or are we likely going to have to wait 6+ months?

odingalt

Staff member
does viking have a send in option. b.c im thinking of getting a wireless scuf and wanted mods for it

Odingalt, are you guys looking into changing the tac-switches with the new model of the macro that you'll release for the Xbox One? I love my Xbox 360 macro controller, but hate having to press the tac buttons, and would love it if you guys implemented something like paddles (or other such buttons).

Also, one last question (as I realise you don't want to release too much information about your plans), but can we expect a new macro controller soon after the release of the Xbox One, or are we likely going to have to wait 6+ months?

Agree, the tac switches suck. Yes we'd like to offer "paddles" on the back side instead of tac switches. At this point we're not sure if we'll make this a standard feature or not, it will probably be an upgrade option. The official news is that the controller will only have two button on the backside. Sub to our facebook page, I will be leaking bits and pieces about the new controller there.

We will be releasing a Ragnarok-like controller and a Macro-like controller simultaneously. Hopefully in December if I can hack it fast enough, get our staff trained, build modchips, etc. We started working on the new software 6 weeks ago.

Iceg21

its fine i dont want to get anyone in trouble just wasnt sure. I love using my current rag controller just like scuf b.c of back paddles and the bottom of the controller grip. thank you tho

Agree, the tac switches suck. Yes we'd like to offer "paddles" on the back side instead of tac switches. At this point we're not sure if we'll make this a standard feature or not, it will probably be an upgrade option. The official news is that the controller will only have two button on the backside. Sub to our facebook page, I will be leaking bits and pieces about the new controller there.

We will be releasing a Ragnarok-like controller and a Macro-like controller simultaneously. Hopefully in December if I can hack it fast enough, get our staff trained, build modchips, etc. We started working on the new software 6 weeks ago.

Thanks for the updates Odingalt - I'll definitely sub to the Facebook page for more details in that case :)

It's great to hear that;

(a). The controllers are likely going to be released shortly after the Xbox One comes out (I love my current macro so much that I honestly can't imagine gaming without it, so I'm only going to purchase the Xbox One when the macro controller itself comes out for it ha!) and,
(b). That the tac switches will be gone (or rather they will be a replacement/customisation option).

Just on the point of only having two buttons on the back though, is this again a customisable feature, as I love having the 4 buttons on the back of the current macro (as it helps given that you can assign a lot more macros given the increased number of buttons). Could 4 buttons (or 4 back paddles as with the Hybrid Scuff controller at present) not work/be an option?

Also, I promise, no more questions after this either mate :p

Last edited:

bonefisher

I have never worked with scuf controllers. The Viking chip will only work with wireless Microsoft controller motherboards. not compatible with wired.... if they have a wireless version and it can accept the Viking chip, your install will be $75 plus shipping. without seeing the controller, I cannot tell you if it will accept the chip or not.
Matt I'll buy one if you want to crack it open and put a Rag chip in it! To see if it works and get different idea's for future purposes!