Sleeper - Matrix

odingalt

Staff member
No ETA unfortunately. I have had zero time to work on a project for the matrix. I will be relocating for my daytime career the last two weeks of August so it will be a struggle just to keep up with 'CG' sales and service.

haVOC1787

i think the only difference in the matrix since i have installed chips on both is the output readings from trigger. like on goes from high to low and the other from low to high. I would be interested in one or several of these chips to put in my wired controller lmao.

odingalt

Staff member
I think the trigger solder points are 'upside down' on either the left side or right side - can't remember - but the x,y,b,a, bumpers and thumbsticks, etc are all VERY different on the matrix.

Thus the name 'the matrix'. It's some sort of transistor matrix fed into the microsoft cpu on the controller. "CG" - common ground controllers -do not use a transistor array, just single data lines and TTL.

I was a virgin to the scene when I invented the Viking mod chip. I cracked open a beer, and the microsoft controller sitting on my coffee table, and created a chip.

Only after the chips were on their way from the factory did a friend of mine bring it to my attention that there are 4+ variations of the microsoft circuit boards (not to mention overseas Japanese 'turbo' controllers and the whole Mad Katz line of equipment)

haVOC1787

Thats funny. amazing what beer can do. I have some of my best Ideas when drinking. a few of the solder points are different. I have installed rf mods on some matrix controllers. They all required an npn transistor on the triggers. The ayxb solder points are not that different if I remember correctly from halo 2 bxrr double fire mod. But I think the programming is backwards though.

Blackburn

haVOC1787 said:
Thats funny. amazing what beer can do. I have some of my best Ideas when drinking. a few of the solder points are different. I have installed rf mods on some matrix controllers. They all required an npn transistor on the triggers. The ayxb solder points are not that different if I remember correctly from halo 2 bxrr double fire mod. But I think the programming is backwards though.
yeah you need a way to send PWM signals to the input on the matrix controllers for the buttons, bumpers, and triggers. Otherwise you would need a transistor for every button, which would not be very practical.