Sleeper with PnC cable.

Blake14

I am having a problem with my mod. I can't flash it. I don't know much about computers and whatnot but I'm not a complete idiot. I can download the thing that I want but I don't think im saving it as a hex file. When I find the saved file, I click it and it says something about a unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application with ignore this eroe and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately. Any help?

odingalt

Staff member
Reinstall windows. Not to sound like a jerk but that's usually what I do when I start getting random errors. Do you have any computer savvy friends or anybody with another computer you can try?

Fredrow

Blake14 said:
I am having a problem with my mod. I can't flash it. I don't know much about computers and whatnot but I'm not a complete idiot. I can download the thing that I want but I don't think im saving it as a hex file. When I find the saved file, I click it and it says something about a unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application with ignore this eroe and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately. Any help?

This might be a stupid question. But do you have the boot-loader program open?? Or are you just connecting the 360 controller to your PC and trying to just open the .hex file??

Blackburn

ive had the HID Bootloader pop this a few times. all you have to do is click "Erase Device" the "Program/Verify"

Blackburn

Blake14 said:
when i erase it, it doesn't give me the option to program/ verify. and it says the erase was complete.
ugh...
-Open HID Bootloader
-Attach Viking in programming mode
-Click Erase Device
-Click Open HEX File
-Click Program/Verify
-Click Reset Device
-Done!

haVOC1787

make sure you are doing that. Try when opening the zipped file to take and drag it to your desktop and it is the .hex file not the zipped file. I had a friend trying to open the .rar file as his hex file lmao.

odingalt

Staff member
I am realizing that some customers actually don't even bother to read the instructions at the bottom of the support page. :lol: Step-by-step instructions are not very useful when the user doesn't read them.

Blackburn

odingalt said:
I am realizing that some customers actually don't even bother to read the instructions at the bottom of the support page. :lol: Step-by-step instructions are not very useful when the user doesn't read them.
exactly.. i dont understand some people.. i guess they just get too excited and try to plug in the controller and have it do nothing, then come complain on the forums that it doesnt work. Even though it is their fault for not reading how to do anything on the controller.......

Fredrow

Blackburn said:
odingalt said:
exactly.. i dont understand some people.. i guess they just get too excited and try to plug in the controller and have it do nothing, then come complain on the forums that it doesnt work. Even though it is their fault for not reading how to do anything on the controller.......

Excattly........ For all you DIY that buy the chips or anyone one in general. If your working on or just using electronic devices always read the instructions or directions all the way so you #*(%ing can understand what the +$%& is going on...... Come on now this isn't a Gennie in a %&^% bottle were talking about..... You will have to do things and do research about whats going on and how it works..... This is talking about everyone.....hahahaha...... :shock:

Blackburn

Fredrow said:
Blackburn said:
odingalt said:

Excattly........ For all you DIY that buy the chips or anyone one in general. If your working on or just using electronic devices always read the instructions or directions all the way so you #*(%ing can understand what the +$%& is going on...... Come on now this isn't a Gennie in a %&^% bottle were talking about..... You will have to do things and do research about whats going on and how it works..... This is talking about everyone.....hahahaha...... :shock:
well put :D

IrishStyle

Sounds like this forum and buisness would be great if it wasn't for the fookin customers....they sure are a needy group of people LOLOLOL

Blackburn

IrishStyle said:
Sounds like this forum and buisness would be great if it wasn't for the fookin customers....they sure are a needy group of people LOLOLOL
yep. also i think maybe we should have it set to if you buy a DIY kit, after purchase it directs you to a tutorial and a list of FAQs. And if they still continue to not read it, then they are complete dumbasses

odingalt

Staff member
Dammit quit picking on the customers we're not all experts like u three jerks :D

Did anybody help this guy out by the way or is he still stuck?

Blackburn

odingalt said:
Dammit quit picking on the customers we're not all experts like u three jerks :D

Did anybody help this guy out by the way or is he still stuck?
lol were sorry OD. haha

well i havent seen him post about it anymore so my guess is that its working...