SOFTWARE PROMBLEM

fitz0596

Well i have a thors hammer and when i load a custom driver it wont work but the works,all of them on dl page does but when i make them they wont work :oops:

odingalt

Staff member
Which version of the custom driver editor are you using, can you post a link so we can download it and see what the problem might be?

falstaff

I also am having problems.

I havent messed with my controller since I got it back in January. Now I have black ops I wanted to get the newest settings naturally. To make things easier I deleted winrar and reloaded and also downloaded .net 4.0, so I should be ready to go.

I then downloaded the black ops file: Custom Driver Maker Beta 11-10-2010b.rar followed the directions and I am getting this error:

Program/Verify failure.

The appropriate box is checked and I follwed everything to a "T"

Help.....

falstaff

On a whim after reading the cryptic how tos all over the place and trying to figure out what driver does what and where I can find it...... I finally tried doing it without the box being check and it seemed to have worked.

I

apcoop7

falstaff said:
On a whim after reading the cryptic how tos all over the place and trying to figure out what driver does what and where I can find it...... I finally tried doing it without the box being check and it seemed to have worked.

I

You only need to have the box checked for the first time you program your controller. Make sure the first time the controller is programmed with a Viking360 hex file.

odingalt

Staff member
Don't know if this will make any difference for anyone starting over with the full installation package.

I also failed to mention in addition to .net framework, this custom driver editor requires VC run time libraries. All should be included in this attached file. Double click the .MSI file and it should install, if it doesn't install the VC runtime libraries successfully try double clicking on the setup.exe as well.

fitz0596

Well I downloaded it and tried it still nothing I made a video of other hid booter etc it works with cod works but not the ones I make is there anyway u can make a release for blackops like the works for mw2 or something cause i can all of those to go on and work

odingalt

Staff member
When you say 'still nothing' what does that mean? I need a heck o fa lot more details because right now all I here is "downloaded, don't work". Can you please be more specific??

Maybe if you can make a custom .hex file and then upload it as an attachment to the forums so I can try it on my hex editor and on my Thor's Hammer controller to try to see what the problem is?

fitz0596

Alright sorry for the lack of details I downloaded it and the instantiation worked fine but when I put my controller in programming mode and try and make and reload a new driver that i just made when I click sync to swtich modes no lights flash then i click LT+Sync and no light then I reprogram with The works and It will go on fine along with it will have the light and modes working but the custom ones I make dont work alot of the time and when i do get them to work the controller locks and wont allow me to switch modes or anything I have to restart controller just to get it to work normally but the mods wont work

odingalt

Staff member
Cool ok if you can post a new post on this thread, click Upload Attachment, and upload your .hex file, let me take a look at it on my setup.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok your yes.hex works great when I program it into my Thor's Hammer.

When I hold left trigger and tap the sync button, LED3 turns on and off for me.
When I hold the right trigger and tap the sync button, LED4 turns on and off for me.
When I tap the sync button, LED3 flashes once (since there is only one mode on there right now).
When I hold A and tap sync, the LED4 flashes to the next mode.

If there is a problem, it's a hardware problem with your controller :-(

Have you tried running the button test code?

http://viking360.com/download-software- ... -test-code

fitz0596

Yes it works no buttons are combined. I'v had this problem for a while. I never care cause you had a Waw Driver and I just used that for a couple months but back then it didnt work I stopped using it for a couple weeks cause I was console banned but then it still work but it freeze controller