Something is faulty

Wally SS

Whether it is my controller or my brain I am not sure.

I recieved it a while ago, but haven't been able to try it out until now. Plugged it into computer and entered programming mode just fine, updated firmware, had no issues figuring out the forge, made a pack, sent it to controller and... Now I'm lost. I power up controller to play and it's just a normal controller, no LED activity and no tac responsiveness.

The 360Macro had a specific way to powerup for playing with mods (Start button), but despite reading every thread and the user manual I haven't found anyone mentioning a special way to turn it on. I've tried turning it on the same way I did for connecting to my PC for programming (Holding both bumpers and powering on) and the first LED lit up purple (No matter what color I set for pages), and the controller had restricted responsiveness.

I tried with several different packs, including making an exact replica of the pack displayed in the Youtube Video showing how to assign a button to a TAC paddle, and it seemed to make no difference.

I have tried using batteries, charge pack, or simply plugging it into my Xbox, trying both methods of powering up, and reinstalling the firmware/pack between each attempt.

Is my controller just a dummy? Or am I? Did I miss a secret input sequence somewhere to activate the packs? I feel embarrassed asking for help after only 3 hours ****ing with it, but I'm frustrated and ready for an answer.

bonefisher

If you programmed it in the controller and hit the reboot button on the program it should had reboot then stayed on ready for play with light sequence you had picked! Also when assigning a rune to the group you either have to put a activate/ deactivate sequence in or make sure if you want on all the time the star is clicked on solid next to the group description!

modded matt

I dont have much experience with this new controller, but I have alot with the 360 Macro and there was no way of turning it on to activate mods. Powering it up by using the start button put it into program mode. Not sure that helps, but is clarity on the 360 macro for others.

Wally SS

I've tried keeping the controller on after reboot Bonefisher, on both battery power and while plugged into the Xbox, but every time I press reboot the LEDs go black and it's a regular controller, regardless of what different packs I upload to it successfully. And yes I have clicked the star for some groups, and set activation keys for other groups, all without results.

I keep hoping I'm doing something wrong and that it's not a problem with the controller, but I can't think of anything else to do.

bonefisher

I've tried keeping the controller on after reboot Bonefisher, on both battery power and while plugged into the Xbox, but every time I press reboot the LEDs go black and it's a regular controller, regardless of what different packs I upload to it successfully. And yes I have clicked the star for some groups, and set activation keys for other groups, all without results.

I keep hoping I'm doing something wrong and that it's not a problem with the controller, but I can't think of anything else to do.
Ok when the controller is off plug in pc to under controller USB left bumper right bumper hold and hit big xbox button! Should start flashing purple lights all four should be flashing? If not it will not take being programmed! Try going through sequence again til they flash! Then load firmware once more to make sure it's in there and this time once done don't hit reboot just unplug and pull battery! Now hook back up and go through same loading you rune pack but hit reboot at the end! After hitting reboot everything should be on and powered up ready to play! Hopefully it takes!

bonefisher

I dont have much experience with this new controller, but I have alot with the 360 Macro and there was no way of turning it on to activate mods. Powering it up by using the start button put it into program mode. Not sure that helps, but is clarity on the 360 macro for others.
Whole new ball game Matt!

Wally SS

Ok when the controller is off plug in pc to under controller USB left bumper right bumper hold and hit big xbox button! Should start flashing purple lights all four should be flashing? If not it will not take being programmed! Try going through sequence again til they flash! Then load firmware once more to make sure it's in there and this time once done don't hit reboot just unplug and pull battery! Now hook back up and go through same loading you rune pack but hit reboot at the end! After hitting reboot everything should be on and powered up ready to play! Hopefully it takes!

Just attempted to do it this way. Yes the LEDs flash purple when plugged in, and I'm getting correct messages from HIDBootloader when I update the firmware. This time I tried unplugging instead of rebooting after firmware, then plugging back in to load pack and rebooting, but after rebooting it was the same as before, no LED activity and no TAC responsiveness. I appreciate all the help you're giving me Bonefisher, I'm sorry none of it is working :(

bonefisher

What firmware are you using because one didn't work? You can go on Vikings facebook page and download the new if you didn't get it in email!

Last edited:

bonefisher

After firmware did you go through same steps as if your putting in the firmware but in place your rune pack vrp. file! Got flashing purple lights?

Wally SS

I have determined what was faulty; The Viking Forge I was using. Not entirely sure how, but I was logged in under a name that was different than the one given to me by Viking360. While searching my email for a new firmware I found a username/login to the forge that once used, has let my controller finally accept the packs uploaded to it.

Thanks bonefisher for making me go through my email for the tenth time, I can finally start enjoying my controller, and will delete the thread :)

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Wally my guess is you might've been accidentally logging into the old beta forge insetad of the new production forge? The old beta forge used different encryption keys than the new production forge. Thanks for sticking with it, figuring it out, and posting back with your solution!