Spread the word viking360.com #1 for 360 rapidfire mods !

canadacanada

We all who are happy with the mod need to do all we can to make it bigger and make them the #1 mod for your rapidfire needs.

SOLOxMoNsTeR

i already talked to odingalt and i made a VIKING360oCOM gamertag for xbox live VIKING ROCKS I GET MINE EITHER TOMORROW OR FRIDAY. :D

EduardoBean16

lol everyone always asks me were i got my mods from n all i say is viking360.com get off this shit n go check it out :ugeek: lol

ELMOBLATCH

Word definitely is getting around...I get upwards of 450 messages a day...Half asking me about viking controllers. Heck sometimes people that have already bought them join my session and team kill me with it and say "Thanks for the viking360 tip".

RectangIe

Definitly. The word is getting around like wildfire, to a point were TBP has to appear offline while playing. But we have it great because all Elmo, now Water Bottle, has to do is stay #1 on Cod WAW and people will see Viking360 in his bio and ask about it.

Fredrow

RectangIe said:
Definitly. The word is getting around like wildfire, to a point were TBP has to appear offline while playing. But we have it great because all Elmo, now Water Bottle, has to do is stay #1 on Cod WAW and people will see Viking360 in his bio and ask about it.

Who cares about spreading the word..... I don't even know how people found out about us, we have done no really advertising, but I guess if you have the crack version of a modded controller people get hooked........I love the support from all you people out there.....

arsen

i used my firends controller and almost ---- nutted ---- , so i ordered mine yesterday...!!!!!
Its funny b/c my 3 friends and i joined a SnD lobby and where against a full CeX/RaW group ( 3- CeX members and 3 Raw members), and had 2 nubs on my team as well as my 3 ffriends/clan members and i. My old clan leader has a legit 2.09 KD he no longer plays xbox360 but was ranked in the 180s before quiting and my other 2 members have a 1.56 and 1.66 and im running around with an 1.79. Now we rape these pugstars 4/1 then next lobby get modded 2/4 all m1a1's ... so im like okay ... my friend brought his controller so i asked him if i could use it and wtf look .. 18-3 SnD hangar .. crisp clean .. and raped this pubbies

morall = i dont even have my controller/ nor used it yet and look... already happy with the out comes ......
cant wait ! 2-3 more days untill i get that little package at my door ..

i also got 2 of the 4 people i play with now 2 buy one .... :)

bump bump bump -- should give me like a discount on my order or something :pP jkjk

arsen

i had to update how many customers i got you guys :) .. so far 3 are planning on buying and after i show some buds the controller person-2-person if they like another 2/3 ( im sure they'll like)... ching ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and 2 of them want those crome duos and the rest want either the red duo or black duo .

odingalt

Staff member
Does anybody here that's GOOD with web development, know of an easy way to integrate a referral system into PayPal? I wouldn't mind giving some kickbacks to people out there touting the Viking name but just need somebody familiar with web development to point me in the right direction. I'm basically stuck with the PayPal and it's not-very-customizable cart system.

Maybe there is a commerce add-on with this type of functionality somebody could suggest?

ShiftwRx

Best thing I would suggest is do something within the site it self, not paypal, for instance Im a part of site that you pay for people to help you out/fix things on your xbox or gamertag/ in game stuff or just buy stuff from them.... whatever it is, you then pay them through paypal.(this site does it by donation but this is NOT the point.)

(THE POINT)>>>They have a way of being able to go to someones profile and leaving feedback and you can select multiple options:
Based on the screenshot I captured for the site I am affiliated with I kept in mind the privacy of the site and the user I user basically as a dummy to show you what Im trying to expalin

ROLE:
1) the buyer
2) the seller
3) trader

This could be changed to something like
Referred Product Bought:
Then in a drop down menu contain all of the folllowing and more.
1) Macro
2) Ragnorak
3) Ravin
4) Thor
5) Tyr's
6) DIY Rag.
7)PS3...
[the list could go on and on with every viking product, present ....and future]

Prevent anonymous accounts from boosting peoples referrals
In order to prevent users from making bogus accounts to get there referral # up have another section that is a fill in text field where the person inputs the Transaction ID of there order(yeah its long but i feel it would be the safest way to prevent "referral boosting"........HOW.....
UPON SUBMITTING THIS MINIATURE FORM, THE FORM WITH EITHER BE SUCCESSFUL OR FAIL BASED ON WHETHER OR NOT THE TRANSACTION ID IS VALID OR NOT.

Have a part for which consol it was for:

Have buttons distinguishing which console it was for ~Xbox 360 ~PS3

Then have a simple comments section for the user doing the referral to add what ever comments they want.

****I WILL EDIT WITH PICTURES OF WHAT I MEAN TO HAVE THIS ALL MAKE SENSE
AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY .02

Heres how you get to the leave feedback page on the other site I'm apart of. This layout could be used to create vikings own layout from what Ive derived
Click the first picture below to see all the picture in order with explanations on each.
Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 2.17.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 2.18.45 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 2.20.01 PM.jpgThe leave feedback page (I included notes to how a form may be create for viking's site)

How you would get to the referral for a user on vikings' site
Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 3.39.57 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 3.51.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-03-07 at 3.51.37 PM.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

modded matt

you are talking about something like this:
http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?action=trader&id=18725

First of all that takes a massive amount of coding. These come to forum hosts in the form of mods. Which are precoded templates added onto the forum coding. This site is running V4+ at this time to my knowledge the mod is not updated to Vb4.

Secondly, this takes a full time moderator and admin to police. Regardless of how many disclaimers you post, people still blame the site owner for mishaps.

In closing, I am 99.9% sure this is something viking has no intention on implementing. As there has always been a no buy/sell/trade policy at viking. This site is in place to support an amazing series of controllers.

Edit: looking at the full thread, I may have taken your post way out of context, FYI this is way old now and there are many ways to do what is being requested, not to mention the store has a cart system with coupon code cells.

Last edited:

ShiftwRx

just my .02
i think a referral program would be cool and yeah it would be alot of coding from the computer classes that ive takin(not alot)

odingalt

Staff member
We've tried referral programs on a limited basis in the past and haven't seen very high conversion (sales) rates. It wasn't worth the trouble to set people up with referral codes, track the referrals, and pay the referrer's compared to the number of sales it actually generated.

I am not saying word of mouth doesn't sell controllers, I believe it sells a lot of contollers, especially through PSN or XBL networks. But for some reason we have had extremely low conversion rates for paid referral programs vs. the amount of effort and money and time it costs to implement such a program. I think referrals work best in high volume and for sites or products with existing high visibility.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol I actually get a couple friend requests per week since you used my account to make the one promo video for the PS3 ragnarok... Some actually people took the time to pause the video and write my name down and everything. They all seem to think I can make them custom ones and stuff, I guess because you didn't mention in the video that it wasn't your account. I typically just send them to the site.