Squeaky D-Pad

b4mcmillian

I have had my controller for a year and I have no major problems until recently. Unfortunately my D-Pad has been making this insanely annoying noise when I toggle it downward. I was looking online for a simple fix, but I could not find one. I was hoping that if I had any problems they could be fixed here. Ordinarily I would tinker with the controller until something worked, but this controller is too expensive to "tinker" with. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Blake McMillian.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
You could make a support ticket if its bugging you that much however standard shop fee is $50.

b4mcmillian

That is about the cost of another controller... Which I would probably buy if this happened to a normal controller. So that is not too bad. If it's 50$ to ship how much would it cost to actually handle the repairs ? While it is there, is there anything that can be done to improve it, like a through cleaning or... new joysticks that I could purchase. I mean if I pay that much for shipping I might as well get it fully serviced.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
That is about the cost of another controller... Which I would probably buy if this happened to a normal controller. So that is not too bad. If it's 50$ to ship how much would it cost to actually handle the repairs ? While it is there, is there anything that can be done to improve it, like a through cleaning or... new joysticks that I could purchase. I mean if I pay that much for shipping I might as well get it fully serviced.

What I meant is it is usually $50 for a repair not including shipping.

odingalt

Staff member
This doesn't sound like a bad repair I think they just need to open it and possibly clean out and replace the d-pad, or just tighten up the screws that hold the d-pad in place. I think they can do it for the $50 including return shipping.