Support for MAC?

gsgumbert

Mac Compatible

Can you guys at viking 360 make programing software compatible for a mac computer

//ADMIN ADD
ATTENTION PLEASE THIS POST IS IN REFERENCE TO THE LEGACY DRIVERS FOR THE OLD THOR'S HAMMER, ODIN'S RAVEN AND TYR'S HAND CONTROLLERS. THIS THREAD DOES NOT NECESSARILY APPLY TO THE NEW 'THE VIKING' MACRO CONTROLLER FOR XBOX 360.

Ben

Re: Mac Compatible

I'm no Mac expert but I have heard that BootCamp enables you to use the Viking360 software.

Itz CHARLEY

Yes I have a mac in fact im on it right now. and it is very easy to use bootcamp for getting the viking software. Or a program called Parallels which is more easy to use because it lts you run windows and Mac simultaneously rather than having to restart into windows like you must do for PC. The downside of Parallels it costs money unless you want to pirate it which is very easy but thats bad right? ;)

also if you need a copy of windows download XP for free of go buy windows 7 extreme for $300 and have no money whatsoever. YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF WINDOWS ON A CD-R TO USE BOOTCAMP. for parallels all you need is an iso image(on a flashdrive hard drive whatever) to boot from.

and to answer you second question, yes that will work just make sure to update it with the Net Framework 4.0 so that the Viking software will work.

gsgumbert

Itz CHARLEY said:
Yes I have a mac in fact im on it right now. and it is very easy to use bootcamp for getting the viking software. Or a program called Parallels which is more easy to use because it lts you run windows and Mac simultaneously rather than having to restart into windows like you must do for PC. The downside of Parallels it costs money unless you want to pirate it which is very easy but thats bad right? ;)

also if you need a copy of windows download XP for free of go buy windows 7 extreme for $300 and have no money whatsoever. YOU MUST HAVE A COPY OF WINDOWS ON A CD-R TO USE BOOTCAMP. for parallels all you need is an iso image(on a flashdrive hard drive whatever) to boot from.

and to answer you second question, yes that will work just make sure to update it with the Net Framework 4.0 so that the Viking software will work.
So at this time their is no way to program your viking 360 controller with a mac

odingalt

Staff member

I believe this thread is from August 2010... this is before the MAcro Viking was released. Unfortunately this thread is referring to the Legacy software for the Legacy controllers...

freshpuck

Any chance you guys will be releasing MAC compatible software?? That would be hugeee for me, as I only own a MacBook

odingalt

Staff member
Legacy and Ragnarok, possible. (Been on my to do list for at least 6 months)

The Macro, never.

odingalt

Staff member
How come? Curious as to why. Thanks!

Too expensive. Estimated cost to produce Mac version of the Macro software: $30,000-$40,000.

Number of new sales we expect after we have Mac version available: 0 (we're sold out so there's no more product to sell).

Profits: -$40,000