Swapping buttons?

The RPG Sniper

I vaguely remember reading a tutorial or something showing you which solder points correlated to which buttons (It was a tutorial for adding a button on the back for your choice of whatever you wanted it to do)

Any way that got me wondering, would it be that simple to swap two buttons? Say i want to swap the left trigger and clicking the right stick, would it be as simple as running a few wires? Im not too handy with electronics etc any more, so any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone by chance know what tutorial im talking about? i cant find it at the moment and i feel like it would be a good reference down the line.

modded matt

its easy to move face buttons, its easy to move the triggers, but when you swap a trigger (analog) to a face button (digital) it gets tricky, not saying it cant be done but requiers some good electrical knowledge or atleast some serious inginuity. here is a controller I made for a quadroplegic kid a month or so ago: http://www.acidmods.com/moddedmatt/Jared_0001.wmv

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That was it? Swaping the trigger and bumper? You/he do/does realize that that's the way it is automaticaly on PS3? Not to knock your skills, because you still obviously did a good job, I just found it rather pointless myself, considering there is stock equipment that reaches the same end result.

modded matt

that may be so, but he wanted to play on the best gaming system in the world, not the playstation. All jokes aside its not just that simple. the trigger is a three pin pot, and the bumper is a digital tact switch.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'm not saying I thought it was simple, just pointless. It's ultimatly your time, and you can do what you want with it... I'm just saying that there is no way I would have bothered even if I could have done it.

Krier023

Useful Poster
I think it had to be a lot more work than rerouting the traces, because it is going from analog to digital, so somehow you need to make the controller think its digital vs analog

Fredrow

Double M you have impressed me once again!!!!

And PS3 kid, you have pissed me off again, & again, & again....... One because you talk a lot of ish; and can't even back it up with anything!!!!! And two; you don't even own an Xbox 360!!!!!!

I know I talk some trash every now and again, but 75% of the time Im just playing around with whoever; that's just me being me! The other 20% of the trash talk comes from stupid a$$ questions that have been asked over & over again by the same stupid a$$ people or it's from smart a$$ kids (you can include yourself "Mr. I don't Play Xbox 360" ) Then the other 5% ish that I drop comes from ????????.....Just remember kids to stick with D.A.R.E.

Now to get back on this topic, some of our members may remember this thread that I started viewtopic.php?f=26&t=617&start=0

I replaced the triggers with some simple push buttons. It was a bit tricky but not too bad. If some of you members are serious about doing this, just post something on this thread about wanting to do it...
Like Double M said it is a tricky process. But the reason why I did it was because like anyone knows a digital signal is much faster than an analog signal.....

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well I'm not trying to bash Matt or anyone elses skills, it's obviously beyound most people to do that. I get why that guy would have wanted that, he doesn't exactly have complete control over his hands and he wants to make the shoot action, which he does all the time, to be digital so he doesn't have to pull the trigger all the way. I'm just saying he could have goten the same result by buying a stock playstation. I would play xbox, I;m actually looking into a jtag, but my mom is kinda against me buying anything (it took 8 months of reminding her daily for the PS3) and I'm broke anyways.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
Well I'm not trying to bash Matt or anyone elses skills, it's obviously beyound most people to do that. I get why that guy would have wanted that, he doesn't exactly have complete control over his hands and he wants to make the shoot action, which he does all the time, to be digital so he doesn't have to pull the trigger all the way. I'm just saying he could have goten the same result by buying a stock playstation. I would play xbox, I;m actually looking into a jtag, but my mom is kinda against me buying anything (it took 8 months of reminding her daily for the PS3) and I'm broke anyways.
Get a job ;)

Itz CHARLEY

PS3andCOD said:
Ya know dont take this as a personal offense but, good job annoying your mother to no end so that you can have a gaming system that no one else on this website plays with and still have more posts than everyone else including odin. again thats not an insult just, WOW.

modded matt

Itz CHARLEY said:
PS3andCOD said:
Ya know dont take this as a personal offense but, good job annoying your mother to no end so that you can have a gaming system that no one else on this website plays with and still have more posts than everyone else including odin. again thats not an insult just, WOW.

lol there are many ps3 forums??/ this forum is intended as an informative portal into the viking chip. I t is here for support of a product, not as a hang out for teenagers.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yeah, well the new chip comming this fall might work with PS3... Odingalt is adding the capability to use it on the PC through the 3.5mm jack, and that might work for PS3 too. That's what I'm waiting for. He said he'd be interested in tweeking it to work if the PC ready version doesn't quite work.