Sync button Not working

BabyStalin

I was building the rapid fire controller and i started doing the sleeper controller then i remembered that i could use the tac switches that came with the kit so i moved some wires around on the mod chip to the correct spots so i could do the duo mod. but after i did that i realized i didnot need the sync button wire anymore so i took it off and now my sync button is no longer working. I have a CG controller. I have tried to desolder excess solder that bridged a couple of the three spots together on the sync button. That still did not work. So I was wondering if there is any way to fix it or do i need to get a new button and take off that sync button and run it somewhere else on the controller so it would act like the tac switches but just in a different place.
Or do i just need to get another controller and try again. I am trying to go the cheap route but if i have to i will get a new controller.

IrishStyle

BabyStalin said:
I was building the rapid fire controller and i started doing the sleeper controller then i remembered that i could use the tac switches that came with the kit so i moved some wires around on the mod chip to the correct spots so i could do the duo mod. but after i did that i realized i didnot need the sync button wire anymore so i took it off and now my sync button is no longer working. I have a CG controller. I have tried to desolder excess solder that bridged a couple of the three spots together on the sync button. That still did not work. So I was wondering if there is any way to fix it or do i need to get a new button and take off that sync button and run it somewhere else on the controller so it would act like the tac switches but just in a different place.
Or do i just need to get another controller and try again. I am trying to go the cheap route but if i have to i will get a new controller.

Have you checked all of the 5 points to make sure the solder is proper? You might have killed the sync though. You could find a replacment tact I am sure but it would probably be easier to get another controller.

BabyStalin

ok thanks i know i am not going to be doing the sleeper mod again
i will just do the duo that does not require to sync button for it to work on my new controller that i am going to buy
but thanks for your help

Fredrow

If you DMM then it's an easy fix to check to see if you have a solder bridge. Even if you did bridge those connections I really don't see it damaging the tact switch. For your next install you can always use this solder spot on the CG2 board. (If you need a pic for the CG board just leave a comment), I never, ever, ever, once in my life soldered straight to the SYNC button. Here are the points that I use.

Viking360_SYNCpointCG2.jpg