the viking team

NYjetsNY1

He was one of the first members and the oldest. He gave a lot of good ideas to viking but was just simply a "friend" to viking. He then asked for viking's source code and viking refused. Then he came to the forums and started telling lies and tried ruining viking's business. With a threat of a lawsuit, he finally left.

IrishStyle

I think his sig asks the question. As for blake he was a HUGE influence getting the purple chip out there as well as Fred. They are left out of this conversation due to the new direction at viking recently that I have noticed. EDIT: I don't want you guys to think I condone blakes actions at all, far from it. just laying down a history lesson.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Blake (Blackburn) was an idea machine and an avid supporter of Viking360 from the beginning. He was also my #1 guy on the forums for a long time. Basically he was Viking's first 'customer' even though I don't think he ever actually purchased a mod, our first moderator, and our first avid fan. Blake did a LOT of testing on the original purple chip mods. At the time when I was developing out the software for the purple chips, I was like level 2 in MW1 and didn't have any of the guns I needed to test. So Blake spent hours with me in online sessions dropping guns for me to test with. Eventually we gave him a mod and he also tested out a lot of beta codes for us by spending hours testing speeds, fast reload delays, etc. Blake never worked on Viking's payroll, but we did compensate him for his help with free chips or controllers at times (including Macro modchips), and at one time I also gave him all my old stuff from my keygrabber business which was probably over $1,000 in parts and tooling. I also tried to help Blake a few times by getting him started on writing C code for Microchip brand microcontrollers.

At one point, he basically demanded access to the Viking source code for the old purple chips (I'm still not sure what project he had going on where this would have been useful). He took it as a personal sign of mistrust when I did not want to give him the source code - when in reality I wouldn't have given ANYONE the source code. In any case, he got really ****ed over this, and he decided to go back through months and months of personal chat logs from MSN messenger. He cut and re-arranged the chat logs, and then narrated thim in a post on our forums, with the goal of scaring our customers and negatively affecting this community and my Viking business.

He made it sound like Viking was going to go out of business and that we were going to close down the site and stop supporting macro customers (all untrue). We were getting flooded with PM's from scared customers wondering what was up. So ultimately I decided to permanently ban Blake from these forums and cut all ties. We tried answering customers but they just put too much faith in Blake's concocted posts, so we chose to delete all the forum posts related to the issue, and move on. He is a smart kid (which means when put to the task, can be very manipulative with our customers), and he was doing a great job at accomplishing his goal, which was to manipulate those chat logs and scare our customers in the process.

Here we are over 6 months later, still in business, still supporting macro customers.

I'm not interested in carrying on a relationship with someone who thinks it's ok to record my conversations with them, and then put them on the internet for everyone to see. That is a big violation of trust. I haven't talked to Blake since, and I never will.