Thinking of ordering the USB Programmable Ragnarok for PS3

Tate24

I was thinking about ordering the USB programmable Ragnarok controller for ps3 and wanted to see if any of you that have the macro also have this controller. I also play on PS3 and don't know the difference between viking360.com and vikingdigital.com. Is this the same company? Also, I believe this controller has the function of drop shot and then when using aim you stay standing, is this accurate? What are your thoughts on this purchase?

311sam

I would preffer getting the macro because with the macro you can make your own mods whenever, and every mod you see is most likely in the forums or macro library. For example if a new company makes a new jitter mod or some new mod, you would have to buy a new controller for 100 bucks or so just for that.

With the macro you can just make it yourself or download the file from whoever made it and put it in the controller easily and you're good to go.

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
Viking Digital and Viking360 are the same company. VikingDigital stores all the Ragnarocks, Raven's, etc. And the function you are speaking of I'm pretty sure is included. But you don't need to buy the Macro if your just a casual gamer (Call of Duty, Halo, FPS in general) Ragnarock is more for the casual user. If you aren't a casual user then I recommend the Macro but if not no point in paying that much for something you won't use very much.

-Red Sox

odingalt

Staff member
I was thinking about ordering the USB programmable Ragnarok controller for ps3 and wanted to see if any of you that have the macro also have this controller.

Unfortunately we don't have the macro controller for PS3

I also play on PS3 and don't know the difference between viking360.com and vikingdigital.com. Is this the same company?

Same company. We used to sell PS3 at Digital and 360 at 360 site, but Google blacklisted the digital site, so we put all products on the 360 site.

Also, I believe this controller has the function of drop shot and then when using aim you stay standing, is this accurate?

Correct.

What are your thoughts on this purchase?

I'm the owner so I'll abstain from this one :)

Tate24

Odingalt, which controller do you recommend for the PS3? I was thinking of ordering the USB Ragnarok from viking digital.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Tate24

The non-USB is a fine product, it's only missing a few mods that are found on the USB version. My favorites are jitter and akimbo and you get both with the $99 model. You're looking at $99 vs $129. The main difference is the $99 you have to setup by pushing buttons on the controller, the $129 you setup by connecting to your PC, plus the $129 comes with a few extra mods.

modded matt

I am a user and a modder not employed by Viking....

Buy the usb version always. its only 30$ extra and you get a few added features now, but nobody knows what the future will bring.

Regardless if you get usb or not, atleast your buying the best modded controller on the market.